Other ADA Gear > ADA Effects

Resurrection of Vintage A/DA Flanger

(1/3) > >>

cbaueril:
I picked up this vintage A/DA Flanger and I am looking for assistance on getting modern parts to get it back working.  I would like to re-cap it.  I am asking for assistance because I am not an electrical engineer.  I can solder and have done minor work on boards before.  It worked out and the joints were good.   I know enough to know that I need assistance crossing over the old parts (like caps) to modern equivalents. I am hoping to find someone that has done this before and has a list I can use at mouser or someplace like that.

Any other suggestions on items that may need replaced due to the age would be greatly appreciated.

I believe this is a 1978 or early 79 Flanger.  I could really use a schematic for 78/79 A/DA Flanger.

Kim:
Sounds like a very cool project!   It shouldn't be hard to match up the caps from old to new.

Don't know if these have been submitted to the Schematic Vault yet and Dante has been just stuffing off there all this time ;)  or not, but see attached.   :wave:

cbaueril:
Thank you for the schematics.  Like I said I am new to this.  Looks like the 1978 is closer to what I have because it has the RETICON SAD 1024Y.  Hope that thing is still good.  Be tricking finding one of those. 

On the 78 Schematic is says ADA-10-186P REV D.  My board says 10-184P REV E.  Unfortunately I am just learning so I have no idea what they would have changed.  I am assuming that because of the 186P is higher than 184P so my board is older.  However "D" comes before "E" so that throws that idea off.  Eh' Have to start somewhere and I will figure it out.

rnolan:
Hey cbaueril, I don't know if this will help, but ADA (http://www.adaamps.com/) are making flangers again, can they, will they help  :dunno: worth reaching out to them maybe ?? Hey not to say we wont try to help you here  :thumb-up:

cbaueril:
Thank you and yes I have already talked to A/DA.  They were happy that I was fixing up such a old unit but they said that do not work on the old units.  On their site they have links to service centers.  No a bad idea but I would really like to do this myself.  Will not learn how to repair equipment if I do not try.  We shall see I also contacted Analog man Mike.  Waiting to hear back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version