Non ADA Gear > Amps

NAD Peavey Classic 60/60

<< < (2/5) > >>

MarshallJMP:
Didn't the 50/50 have EL84 tubes? I thought Jur had one of those back in the day.

Kim:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 16, 2017, 08:24:04 AM ---Didn't the 50/50 have EL84 tubes? I thought Jur had one of those back in the day.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the 50/50 was a 2U and had a quad of el84 tubes and I do remember Jur had one back then.   I thought about getting a 50/50 but I didn't want to chance that I might not like it so much...

Kim:

--- Quote from: Harley Hexxe on February 16, 2017, 06:35:17 AM ---Those and the Classic 50/50 seem to be the most popular of the Peavey poweramps.
--- End quote ---

I've never looked for myself inside a Classic 50/50, but the Classic 120 I had before and now this Classic 60/60 really are Peavey hallmarks of simplicity, build quality, and straight up bang-for-the-buck. These "almost-vintage" poweramps are reminders that the Peavey stuff were once the real workhorses of that era.   You never had to worry about "opening them up and letting all the Magic Smoke out" ....unless of course you didn't get the impedance stuff right or some other blatant abuse that no tube amp would stand for.

Also just picked up a gently used Anvil 4U case locally for $75 to house this Classic 60/60 in.  So that's a total of $325 that I'd consider very well spent...or could've been put towards less than half of a used Mesa purchase and still no damn rack case.   :lol:  Not knocking Mesa, they are awesome but I can't afford the brand of awesome they offer.

Dante:
AWesome score!

Makes you want to play when you get new gear

Harley Hexxe:
Way to go Kim :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version