Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Hafler T2 - Anyone heard of this or had any experience??

<< < (10/10)

Chip Roberts:
If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading this preamp was used by Marc Diglio from XYZ on the first record?  I think he switched to an MP1 for the second album, which was much heavier.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Chip Roberts on February 06, 2018, 10:34:42 AM ---If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading this preamp was used by Marc Diglio from XYZ on the first record?  I think he switched to an MP1 for the second album, which was much heavier.

--- End quote ---

Chip, I would be so grateful if you could get that verified for me, I had a search myself but couldn't find Marc Diglio and Hafler T2 mentioned anywhere else in the same vein.  But it would be cool to know.

As for heaviness, the Hafler has shit loads of gain.  I like the tone, but just not this super "pumpy" compressed feel like when you turn the gain up too much and then hit the strings quite firmly and the sound pumps like a compressor with it's threshold set too low.  I get the same thing on the SS clean on the ADA MP1 I have to dial back the compressor (OD2) right back to about 2 to get it to work for me otherwise I end up with super pumpiness unless I play super light which is not my style.

I shall mod the Hafler and see what happens after that.  Still waiting on the OPA4134PA arriving.

I think the Hafler would be worth keeping if I could get rid of that.  Also works well with a boost and has a stereo FX loop.

Chip Roberts:
Apologies.  I was mistaken.  Marc Diglio used a Morin preamp, which is even more rare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version