ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Copenhagen in the land of the Danes  (Read 12577 times)

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell

Hello...
Let me introduce myself...
My name is Henrik ( Henry in English) Kjartan ( Icelandic - means (Sea)-warrior ) Fossberg ( Name of a place in Iceland ( means the rock/cliff by the River ), that belongs to the Icelandic branch of my family....
My user name Ravendk was chosen because the first real flag in the Kingdom of Denmark was called the Raven.....as a tribute to Odin and his two ravens in Nordic mythology.....and the flag is also my avatar.....as you might have guessed by now we're talking wiking history.....
I'm mostly playing bass and is a bit of a technical guy, but do also play guitar as well.
At this point I'm the owner of an MB-1, that I bought from another adadepot member lives in the neighbourhood, two MP-1's and an MC-1.
I have, like some other people, a somewhat serious case of GAS......so I'm also buying/collecting interesting/odd gear and instruments, restoring and repairing, and also exhibit some of my stuff at the anual Copenhagen Guitar and Bass Show as a private exhibitor along with some other guys with the same "virus"....mostly to pass on knowledge to others about various instruments, amplifiers and other interesting musical gear...
Apart from the ADA gear, I'm a great fan and user of Trace Elliot amps and stuff....mainly the gear that was produced in the UK from the early 90's up till they shut down the production in the beginning of the 00's....
As I have noticed, there's a lot of knowledgeable people here in the forum, sharing the passion for the ADA stuff and passing on the knowledge to others, keeping the gear alive and kicking, so I hope that I can contribute to keep this a great place to meet and support other members in the same quest for knowledge.....
Best regards
Ravendk

I only play one scale - The Richter scale

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Ravendk, welcome to the depot  :wave: as you say some serous cases of GAS around here LoL.
Boweevil is selling his last MB-1 if you are interested ? (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1771.0) Just add a MDRT from MJMP for europe voltage.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Hey Ravendk welcome to the depot. :thumb-up:

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!

Welcome, Raven from Iceland!

You already discovered how dangerous this place is...so you're in the right place!  :thumb-up:

I've been in Copenhagen 2 times...and from the first time I've been there I remember a mighty concert: Pretty Maids...King Diamond with Mercyful Fate and Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow...what a blast!  :headbanger:

2nd time I've been there with my wife and it has been...uhm....much quieter!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever

Welcome to the forum  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Welcome to the forum, hope it is as useful to you as it has been for me over the years.

Denmark - Mercyful Fate and Artillery  :thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

and bacon and Peter Schmichael  :facepalm:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell

Hi again..
Thanks for the welcoming....
Yes, this place is certainly full of love for the ADA stuff and a goldmine of knowledge for the enthusiast and users..... :whoohoo!:
@rnolan....I would love to get my hands on another MB-1, but I'm also on the lookout for a B500B.
After being a Trace Elliot enthusiast for more than 25 years, I have a good idea about the need of a good powerful amp to drive some serious big bass cabs...in one of the bands I'm playing in, I have a monster rig with a 1kw amp ( 2x500w) driving 2 4x10" cabs and 2 1x18" cabs....It gives you a serious low end punch.. >:D

Ravendk

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic

I have a monster rig with a 1kw amp ( 2x500w) driving 2 4x10" cabs and 2 1x18" cabs....It gives you a serious low end punch.. >:D

Ravendk
:headbanger: :headbanger:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Now that sounds like a fun rig  :whoohoo!: >:D .  I bought my 2 MB-1s and a B500B from Boweevil so can vouch for him if you wanted to pick up another decent MB-1.  I assume he has held onto his best one, which is currently up for grabs, I already have 2 or I'd probably snavell it LoL.
B500Bs (and even more so G500S) are hard to come by, and so far MJMP and I still haven't found a 240v transformer to fit in the case (if, like mine it's a US model) otherwise you need a fairly grunty step down transformer.
I must say that my last 2 loud plays with my hybrid MB-1 rig, having only 100w p/ch from the DCM 200L (> 2 x Mesa P112s) has seemed a bit under powered (although I don't think the band agrees LoL  >:D ). Lacked headroom for me.  So until I can get my B500B from Belgium, I'm thinking to use my Carvin DCM2004L (4 x 500w (into 4 ohm)) for the bass rig  :dunno: .  2 channels for the 8 ohm 300w Mesa P112s and I have a brand new (NOS) pair of Altec 15" (just need (to make) some cab(s) for them) to sit the P112s on.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Welcome to the Depot!! Very nice to have you along Ravendk, and nice to have another bass player too!  :thumb-up:

vansinn

Re: Hello from Copenhagen in the land of the Danes
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I have a monster rig with a 1kw amp ( 2x500w) driving 2 4x10" cabs and 2 1x18" cabs....It gives you a serious low end punch.. >:D

Ravendk
:headbanger: :headbanger:

I knew something like this would come from Peter.. :lol:
Now, try bi-wiring my mmnn.. your MB-1 to those party-blaster amps'n'speakers :o

And you know you really should've bought my 7-string bass too and rewired it for low F0# - belongs to every household..

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Here is a little gear p*rn....I got the chance to exhibit some of my Trace stuff at the  10th Copenhagen Guitar & Bass Show in 2015...enjoy....
« Last Edit: Time Format by Ravendk »

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

:bow: :bow: :bow:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Holley crap, is that stuff all yours ? Nice  >:D :metal: makes my hybrid rack look a bit toy-town  :facepalm: LoL...

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Wauw that's some collection you have there,I also see a lot of pedals, some EBS stuff maybe??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up