ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some moral advice please Folks  (Read 3474 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Some moral advice please Folks
« on: Time Format »

OK guys as you have seen I have been flooding this great forum with my posts and I'm certain you are all sick of seeing my name asking questions, but if I may ask one more thing of you  ;D

I'm extremely happy now with my new MP-1 after doing the battery mod myself and going through all that. But I'm not sure as of yet how to handle the seller. I bought this unit through Reverb back on 29th of December and didn't receive the unit until yesterday. He claimed he was out of town on holiday. I had to get the Folks at Reverb to go after him because he wouldn't return my messages or anything. Only after that he overnighted the MP-1 to me.
 So I have the unit and his auction said "Excellent Condition and works perfectly!" Well.........it is mint cosmetically however the second I turned the unit on it started throwing error codes. It would have done the same for him as well so this is my issue.

This was my first purchase and experience on Reverb and it was rough and I'm curious how some you of you would deal with this guy and how to approach his rating? I would like to blast this guy and wreck his rating in one way but I am holding back because of how incredible this unit is.

I don't know guys - share your thoughts please  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: Some moral advice please Folks
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well...it seems it was just a battery issue, isn't it?

I mean...as you did the battery mod and placed a new battery inside the unit, no more error codes on startup, everything works fine and it sounds in awesome way?
The seller should have mentioned the battery was dead and needed a replacement, ok...but the unit is actually in very good conditions as he described it.
What I would suggest is to go over and finally enjoy an MP-1 that works fine as you want.

When I spoke to the guy who sold my MP-1, he said it was like new (and it is!) and never mentioned the issue with front/rear input.
When I started testing the unit and I found the issue, I was thinking to contact him back and ask for an explanation.
Then I figured out a possibile answer: "I didn't notice that, sorry...I don't know...I never used the rear input...".
At the end I payed a fair price, the unit was very clean and sounded in awesome way...just had that strange behavior with inputs...
What I decided to do was to register to Adadepot and contact a guy I learned to know by reading about him around: MarshallJMP.
In this way I solved my issue, I found a good place and new friends and I enjoy my MP-1 a lot.
I never contacted back the seller and I'm still happy.

Go over it.
Just remember how many MP-1 you had to buy before you find the right one.
Now you find it and it only had a dead battery.  :banana-dance:

Furthermore, I don't know how it works there...but here in Italy it's a little messy whit shipments during XMas time.
I also bought my MP-1 10 days before XMas and received it some days after it.

In this case, I would leave the seller alone.  :banana-rock:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

The unit may well have been fine last time he used it ?  The battery tends to go quite suddenly and there's been a spate of battery failures over the past year or so, to the point where I made a post about it. That he didn't ship it straight away or return your calls, while you could just put it down to holidays etc, isn't very good form  :dunno: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Agreed. Those batteries can die instantly.

You are only obligated to be honest, so if you can rate his shipping or response time, that would be great. Otherwise, you'll have to give him three stars (or 2 or whatever) and explain it in the comments.

Flaming him is going to do you no good, it was a minor problem that he may not even have known about. You gain nothing to bury his rating now, take the good unit and run ;)

Just my 2ยข, worth every penny....both of em

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Sometimes doing the "right" thing isn't always the "best" thing, and doing the "best" thing isn't always the "right" thing.
You've got a good MP-1 now; doing the Battery Mod should be required anyway regardless of whether the original 25 year old battery somehow still has some life left in it or not.  Did the Seller know about the bad battery?  Maybe, maybe not.  I wouldn't even bother myself with that now.  Enjoy the Win.

I'm extremely happy now with my new MP-1 after doing the battery mod myself and going through all that....

^ I'd just go with that.  You've been through enough fonkey mucking around with a series of bad luck sales...let Ms. Karma do what she does best, and stay on her good side.   :) 

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I appreciate all the comments and see all of your points which are good. I never react right away and needed a little time to think. Looking back it was almost comical how many MP-1 I had to buy to get the "Magic" one.

So I am loving it ( although chasing tone with power amps ) and learning from you all how common the battery issue is, like several have mentioned, could have happened as soon as I got it. Plus I would have done the battery mod anyway as all of you have suggested.

So thank you for all of your insightful input!  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter
Pages: [1]   Go Up