Other ADA Gear > Combo Amps

Anyone have a Viper?

<< < (2/2)

Kim:

--- Quote from: DannyjoeCarter on January 11, 2017, 02:32:57 AM ---Very cool Kim - I'd love to hear that!
 Can it get pretty loud?

--- End quote ---

IIRC, it's a 70 watt amp and was puh-lenty loud in my house.  I scored this insanely cheap way back then due to it "not functioning".  Seriously...I offered the guy $20 for the amp, and he agreed on the price.  :o :o :o   I darn near killed myself running with that Viper across his lawn and to my car, in fear the guy was gonna change his mind or something....  When I got it home, I opened it up to see one of the tubes loose and rattling around inside the chassis.  Plugged it back it, fired it up....and it RIPPED.  :headbanger:
Hi fives all around, but a few weeks later lost the Red channel and it went back to the Back Burner for a few years until I got the Quad Tube, then I gave the Viper to Stan.  One of these days......one of these days......POW!  we'll get that thing put back in working order. 

DannyjoeCarter:

--- Quote from: Kim on January 12, 2017, 03:54:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: DannyjoeCarter on January 11, 2017, 02:32:57 AM ---Very cool Kim - I'd love to hear that!
 Can it get pretty loud?

--- End quote ---

IIRC, it's a 70 watt amp and was puh-lenty loud in my house.  I scored this insanely cheap way back then due to it "not functioning".  Seriously...I offered the guy $20 for the amp, and he agreed on the price.  :o :o :o   I darn near killed myself running with that Viper across his lawn and to my car, in fear the guy was gonna change his mind or something....  When I got it home, I opened it up to see one of the tubes loose and rattling around inside the chassis.  Plugged it back it, fired it up....and it RIPPED.  :headbanger:
Hi fives all around, but a few weeks later lost the Red channel and it went back to the Back Burner for a few years until I got the Quad Tube, then I gave the Viper to Stan.  One of these days......one of these days......POW!  we'll get that thing put back in working order.

--- End quote ---

Man you gotta be curious what happened inside that thing Kim - you got me thinking already  :lol:
Dig it out and have snoop!   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version