ADA Preamps > MP-1 Classic

My Classic is actin' up

(1/4) > >>

Dante:
So...this happened a couple times before, but it keeps resolving itself. Now, it's working fine, but I guarantee that, when I get to practice tonight the damn thing will sound like crap.

What's happening: The gain patches are dull, lifeless, and there is an absence of ....gain.

Saturday afternoon, I went through my patches for a gig later in the day. They sounded great. Then, sure enough...it sounds like absolute crap when I get to the gig. I went to a couple blank patches and programmed them before soundcheck, they were MAXED out on gains and still sounded less. Today, I hook up the rig and it sounds delicious. The two patches I wrote are now unusable, totally broken up...tooooo gainy.

What gives? Any ideas?  :-\

Harley Hexxe:
Dante,

To me, that sounds like an issue with a cable or a jack. Something isn't making a good connection or possibly a very slight short in a cable. Try just gently spinning a cable in a jack connection to see if there is any reaction at that particular junction. If a connection is solid and clear there should be no change at all. I'd start at the guitar and work my way to the speaker cabs.
    There's no guarantee this is what it is, but that would be where I'd start.

Harley 8)

Edit: Maybe 'spinning' isn't a good term, just try giving it a 1/4 to half turn should indicate if you found the location.

Harley Hexxe:
After re-reading your post, a question came to mind. Does this happen with your clean tube presets as well, and does it happen if you are using a SS voicing? If this happens with all of the above, then it is a connection issue, but if it only happens with your tube voices, then it's your tubes in the preamp going South.

Just an afterthought...

Dante:
Thanks Harley  :bow:

I'll give that a spin (pun intended) and see if I can get it to replicate the problem. If not, I'll try different toobs. I have plenty of those.

MarshallJMP:
Could be the cables,connections but I would suspect the tubes like Harley mentioned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version