ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi, Whats Up?  (Read 9655 times)

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
Hi, Whats Up?
« on: Time Format »

Hi! How are you? I'm a new member. I bought a MP-1 a few months ago. It is amazing! I really love it  :thumb-up: .

Greetings...

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hi, Whats Up?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi and welcome to the depot!  :wave:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Orkun, welcome to the depot, lots of MP1 owners here who feel much the same, they are an amazing preamp  :thumb-up: , kind of why we are all here I spose.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome!  :wave:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hi Orkun, glad you like the MP1.  It is a special unit.

Tell us how you came about the MP1?  Always nice to hear peoples stories on getting into ADA.

My own is quite random.  I think I googled 80's guitar sounds and kept finding "ADA MP1 legendary preamp for classic 80's heavy metal tones"  (it does a whole lot more btw).  Then I think I decided to track one down on ebay if the price was right!  And the three MP1s later and the rest is history.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hello Orkun,

Welcome to the Sonic Versatility Club :wave:
      Like Ray Charles once said: "You got the right one baby!"

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Orkun

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Thanks for reply rabidgerry , Dante , rnolan , MarshallJMP , Harley Hexxe :thumb-up: . The depot is really awesome.

I love 80s hard rock. One day I searched for 80s tone. When I watched a MP-1 demo video, I loved it's tone very much  :thumb-up: . In my opinion MP-1 is the best choice for 80s hard rock. So I bought a MP-1.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Orkun,

It's a great choice for that, but it can do so much more. The longer you spend time experimenting with the MP-1, the more you'll find out it can be used for just about any style of music you'd want to play.
      Harley 8)

Orkun

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Yes, I know that. I can use it for heavy metal, classic rock etc... every genre of music ;) .

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Yes, I know that. I can use it for heavy metal, classic rock etc... every genre of music ;) .

Absolutely :thumb-up:

So, tell us a little more about yourself. What gear are you using? What styles of music you're playing, or would like to get into. What kind of guitar(s) etc?

PrimalScream91

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

welcome to the madness!
Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Orkun,

That doesn't sound like bad gear to me. I'm a Strat devotee myself, but I use a few other types of guitars for different songs. Your live rig sounds like a rock solid one. A simple layout, but effective.

Harley 8)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the asylum Orkun :thumb-up:

Great to have another 80's hard rock guy in here :metal:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

I'm a student so I haven't got very good guitar gear... But I will buy ;) .
My gear; MP-1 , Vox V847 , Artec Crazy Metal , Digitech GNX-2. I play Marshall MG10 at home, I play MP-1, Mesa Boogie power amp(I don't remember it's model.) and Laney cabinets(I don't remember models too  :D ) and other things at concerts. But power amp and cabinets are my friend's.
I love 80s hard rock and metal. I use strats or superstrats generally.

Yes it does a lot more than just hair metal but as you say you know that already  :thumb-up:.  I don't listen to that style of music myself (glam metal) but I am 100% a heavy metal player through and through and those tones are nice but MP1 can be the head bangers best friend also and not just the guy with the lipstick on bets friend lol.  I didn't really know what to expect when I bought this preamp and when I got it first it was my first piece of tube gear ever!  (unless you count hybrid amps with a tube in preamp).  So it was really the unknown.  Thankfully it paid off.  It took me to get a 3TM however before I knew the potential.  The first MP1 I got I think was failing somewhere, so I sold it and got a 3TM.  Then I got a stock MP1 and upgraded to a MDRT and noise mod.  Now I feel very complete.

I'm a student so I haven't got very good guitar gear... But I will buy ;) .
My gear; MP-1 , Vox V847 , Artec Crazy Metal , Digitech GNX-2. I play Marshall MG10 at home, I play MP-1, Mesa Boogie power amp(I don't remember it's model.) and Laney cabinets(I don't remember models too  :D

Year gear sounds fine to me, nothing wrong with that stuff  IMO

I love 80s hard rock and metal. I use strats or superstrats generally.

Well me to.  Mind you most of my guitars aren't expensive.  But I'm using Squier Stagemasters/Showmasters as my main work horses currently and have a few more Squier Strats also.  Own one Tokai flying V also as I love K.K. Downing and I do also love playing the guitar (neglected it last few years though.)  But Strats or superstrats rather are my thing mostly.

Hey Orkun,

That doesn't sound like bad gear to me. I'm a Strat devotee myself, but I use a few other types of guitars for different songs.

Harley 8)

Strats!!  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Orkun

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Yes, I know that already  :thumb-up: . I love heavy metal too. Especially W.A.S.P. . Hard rock is not only genre what I'm playing or listening  :thumb-up: .
I have some stock MP-1 patches. I will share them about 10 days later. But I must edit some of these ;) .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up