Non ADA Gear > Amps

opinions on these poweramp options

(1/5) > >>

El Chiguete:
So I decided to stop beeing a girly and get a mens poweramp! LOL

I want something to pair it up with my MP-1 for a kickass tone! Now here are the options:

A) Mesa 2:95: class A EL34 tubes plus added power of 6L6 but can be run independently that a forum bro is offering one to me at a killer price!
B) Marshall EL34 100/100: a friend hasnt used it in 6 years and he let me borrow it, probably I could convince him on selling it but no idea on what price he would ask... also I need to have my tech look at it because it has some issues that could maybe be jus the tubes going bad
C) Mesa 2:90: it comes with 6L6 tubes but can be changed to EL34,,, BUT it needs fixing and the owner didnt want to spend money on it because he doesnt use it that much anymore

So what are your oppinions on these amps? Forget about the part that 2 of them probably need fixing (one FOR SURE) but if you would be looking for a poweramp that will give you all the color that the EL34 give (not looking for a transparent amp tone) what would you choose?

Also, if you have anything good or bad to say about them please tell. I've heard that those Marshalls might give problems from time to time but I really have no experience on them. And as far as components I don't know anything about them but I only see "upgrade mods" on the Marshall and never on the Mesas... so whats up with that? LOL

Systematic Chaos:
No need to mod or upgrade a 295!
Man, that's THE poweramp! I wish they'd still make them!
More than one could ever want or need. The 295 IS LEGEND!!!

El Chiguete:
Well thats +1 point por the 2:95 lol

MarshallJMP:
If you want a marshall tube power amp go for the 9005 sounds a lot better then those mono blocks.

El Chiguete:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 10, 2016, 05:28:02 AM ---If you want a marshall tube power amp go for the 9005 sounds a lot better then those mono blocks.

--- End quote ---

Yeha I'm on the lookout of one but haven't found one :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version