Non ADA Gear > Effects

What are your favorite DISTORTION and OVERDRIVE pedals????

(1/5) > >>

Chucky:
I always been playing through tube amps and basically always constructed my main tones
with either an MP-1 or my custom made tube preamps...

In the last few years, I started experimenting with adding pedals to my kit, even though reluctantly.
I was always fond of having a MIDI controlled environment, although a bit bugged by not having an easily
editable rig.
Buying a G System a few years back finally resolved long years of struggle, enabling live editing while
keeping the ability to switch from ultra clean to broadly different tones layered with effects in one single button push.

I bought many distortion\OD pedals over the last few years, appreciating their distinct features and this opened a whole
new world of tones and textures.

Overdrives:
Voodoo Lab's Sparkle Drive has to be the pedal I will never part from.
This box brought to me (Finally!!!) all the SRV type of tones effortlessly.
Basically a TS-9 with the added feature of splitting the signal in half and keeping half the signal
untouched...So your string integrity is kept no matter what. A blend knob lets you mix in the amount of overdriven signal
and direct signal from pure clean boost to only OD.

I own a Klon Centaur clone, a DOD Yngwie OD-308 a bit briteish that I modified with an online mod kit, now it sounds amazing.
I have a second VD Sparkle Drive modified which is similar now to the newer model which offers 4 different modes.

Distortions:

EMMA's Reezafratzitz is one of those boxes I will keep forever.
Suhr's Riot too is quite a good item...Part of my rig for years now.
Got myself a Diamond Cornerstone to get a Plexi sound for my AC/DC tribute band.
It is quite good, but I felt something was missing... Not enough sustain...Hard to explain.

I just got a Lovepedal Plexi 800 and  :whoohoo!:  :o ::) 8) ::) :o :whoohoo!:
Good lord!!! When you want to brag as a company that you sell a Plexi in a box, this time, they nailed it!
I run that thing straight into a Carvin X100B 100w head and a JCM900 cabinet.
It is stupifying! I can't believe they can squeeze such a tone into a simple pedal.
I bought mine used and the power connector was intermittent. resoldered it. Works perfect now.
At the same time I notice that the pedal is virtually empty. There is almost no parts and the circuit is
deceivingly minimal.
How the hell do they do it?

If someone is looking for a Plexi in a box, I highly recommend this thing.   O0

Dante:
Thanks for the writeup, Chucky!

Admittedly, I don't use anything but my midi gear...however, I have purchased a bunch of dirt boxes in my past. One of which, was the Sparkle Drive that you speak of. I really liked it, but didn't use the clean boost nearly as much as I expected, so I sold it (like all the others).

To this day, the only stompbox on my pedal board (except for the tuner) is my trusty TS-9 that I bought brand new in 1981. I've had to rebuild the footswitch inside, and had to re-solder the battery connection, but other than that, it's still working.  :metal:

All other effects are in the rack gear

MarshallJMP:
My old 80's boss SD-1 for overdrive,as for distortion,an old MXR distortion +,an old boss DS-1,and a boss Metal Zone.

Soloist:
TS9 and SD-1 is what I use now. Love my tube screamer!
I had a Xotic BB I really liked, don't remember why I sold it :dunno:.
My buddy has a Tonebone Hot British which sounds outstanding, might have to borrow it for a while :thumb-up: Modded JCM800 in a box..... :whoohoo!:

Dante:

--- Quote from: Soloist on March 14, 2016, 09:33:58 PM ---Modded JCM800 in a box..... :whoohoo!:

--- End quote ---

You sir, are describing an ADA preamp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version