Non ADA Gear > Effects

Scored a Boss GT-8 - NPD!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dante:
UPDATE:

I finally had some time to play with this thing...and you're right Gerry, some of the stuff in this unit is very reminiscent of my GX-700. I find the multiple output settings to be both a blessing and a curse. It's hard to find the 'sweet spot' sometimes. Compound that with differing guitars, and pickups, and... :crazy:

That said, I can get some nice clean tones with this thing, quickly.

I can also program some really terrible mushy distorted tones. So far, I like the Boogie's gain channel the best. My intention is to use the gain in the amp for 80% of my gainy tones, augmenting them with the GT-8 overdrives/distortions if need be. We'll see where i end up, but that is my intention.

Side Note: I went to the local music shop to buy a FS-6 pedal to toggle some individual FX. They didn't have one in stock, so I went online. I found a guy who posted a kit to make your own...much smaller. I've already ordered the parts, just waiting for them to arrive so I can solder it together and see what happens.

rabidgerry:
I got some good distorted tones out of the GT8 but I had to be clever with the EQ.  The Lo pass in the EQ block is masterful at cutting fizz without having to waste one of the mid plots on the EQ.  I prefered the GT6 tones for some reason.  I only really stuck with the Metal Preamp and then ran this into a power amp then into real cabs.  It was great sounding I thought.  Had the GT6 had some of these extra features of the GT8 but still kept the sound life with the GT6 would have been even better.  I went back in time though and went for the GT5 and it's analogue drive section.

I just bought the behringer copy ab200.  Great pedal, but it does my tits in because it requires a goddam battery!
I asked about modding this pedal on another board so it would operate without the need for a batter but apparently it cannot be done.  The battery is essentially for the leds which are handy.

One thing I always wanted and still want for my GT5 is like a footswitch and sub expression pedal rolled into one so I can use it for wha but also use it to go into manual mode which is my fav thing ever!!

Dante:
I haven't had time to mess with the GT-8 since my last post, my clutch went out and I spent the last three days putting a new one in. I'm exhausted.

But...Check this out, I have an old ME-5!! There's some analog for you :)

I was considering running the ME-5 in manual mode, then routing it into the FX loop of the GT-8. I just can't see a need for all those though...like that ever stopped me before.

Dante:
Another Update:

I went to the local music shop to see if I could pick up a Boss FS-6 pedal and use it to control a couple FX in the GT-8. Well, they didn't have any, even though they showed one in their inventory  :hair-out:

I went home to search online. I found a DIY kit to make your own. I don't need the latching/momentary option on my pedal, so I skipped the toggle switches and made mine with two latching buttons in a small enclosure (much smaller than the FS-6).

If I get bored (it happens quickly), I'll wire up an LED to let me know when it's on...but the GT-8 has lights to let me know too.

rnolan:
Cool, go Dante, can't have you getting board LoL :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version