Non ADA Gear > Effects

Scored a Boss GT-8 - NPD!!

(1/5) > >>

Dante:
I've always wanted a Boss GT-8, especially after I bought my Boogie combo. I REALLY want to use the amp switching feature in conjunction with the onboard FX, so I hooked it up via the 4 cable method (4CM) but haven't had any time to play around with it.

We have a gig this weekend, I'm in bad playing shape right now because of other things, and I need to practice. I don't need to fiddle with knobs and be spending my time writing patches, I can do that after the gig.

So, I just look at the GT-8 on the floor and sigh...

UPDATE: It's a bit late (10pm) and I finished all my homework for the day. I flipped on the GT-8, wasn't getting any channel switchers from the [amp control] button. I could hear it latching, but no change in tone...still the clean channel. I figured out I had the cables routed incorrectly, corrected it, pushed the button and GREAT MOTHER OF GOD THE BOOGIE LIVES. haha, that channel was a bit loud for this hour  ;D

At any rate, I hit the [amp control] button and voila! It switched the amp just fine. So, I know it works as it should. I got it so cheap, I had to wonder if it all worked as advertised. So far, so good. Just knowing now how to do that and knowing it works will keep my thirst satiated for a few days until i can really play.

rnolan:
 :whoohoo!: Go Dante  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry:
I had two Boss GT6's and two Boss GT8's.

The GT8's never made it out with me live.  I was still using the GT6 live  and was waiting to move over to the GT8's I already owned, but then I took a detour and got the GT5 which is half analogue and then merged rack shit with that  :thumb-up:

GT8 was excellent though, the dual channels with independent channel editing for amps was awesome.  Lots and lots that can be done with that unit.

Dante:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on February 25, 2016, 10:32:03 AM ---Lots and lots that can be done with that unit.

--- End quote ---

You ain't kidding, this thing has a STEEP learning curve. Much more complicated than my current rack stuff. It's gonna be a while.

Luckily, I found a guy online that wrote a whole bunch of valuable info about how to program it and use it.

rabidgerry:
Yeah it took me years to get good at the GT6 and GT8.  Funny I went back to the GT6 though.  But yeah the GT8 is an awesome unit, the dual channel editing is totally amazing.  You could go insane at the programability on it.

When you crack it it becomes second nature.

Dante you use the boss GX700 right?  This should at least get you familiar with some of the boss GT8 programming,  they are relatives after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version