Miscellaneous > Discussions

Did I Tell You Guys I Joined a ZZ Top tribute band?

(1/11) > >>

Dante:
Yup. I'm playing Billy Gibbons' role in a local tribute band (in addition to the cover band I'm already in)

Using the ADA MP-1 Classic rig. Billy's playing isn't as much about tone as it is about bending, fingering, etc. It's a bunch of fun, but I don't foresee a whole lotta gigs from it, they only played like 5 times last year. Still, it'll be fun to gig.

BTW: I have to wear a fake beard made of REAL hair (eeeeeewwwww)

rnolan:
Hey Dante, cool, do you have a gold top LP ? Great guitar player Billy, with him it seems "all" about the fingers, listening to him taught me allot about bending and squealing. Do you do Waiting for the Bus All Day, one of my fav songs off 3 Amigos.
Maybe time to grow a beard LoL.

Dante:
Waiting on the Bus, Tush, Nationwide, Francine, all kinds of great old stuff and some of the 'new' stuff from their resurgence in the late 80s/early 90s. Pretty cool.

I do have a Gold top, but it's an Ibanez, because I like double cutaways ;) I plan on using that and one of my hollowbodies and my Explorer, and...

MarshallJMP:
Well it could take a few years until saved up enough beard to look like Billy  ::)

El Chiguete:
We need a pic of the band with the fake beards!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version