ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Pedal-board friendly" ADA FLANGER anyone?  (Read 28816 times)

ADA Amplification

Re: "Pedal-board friendly" ADA FLANGER anyone?
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

I still have and use my original Flanger pedal from 1978, even though I own a room full of ADA Rack processors that can produce the Flanging effect. The pedal is the quietest Flanger I have ever used and the biggest issue I've ever had with it was this: I wouldn't know if the effect was on until I played my guitar!
My only suggestion for the new pedal, if it's just as quiet, would be to add an LED indicator for the pedal status.

I still consider the old Flanger pedal to be the best one ever made! :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

Hey Harley,

Thank you for the kind words!  The new PBF Flanger is quieter than the original and it HAS a status indicator!  See more info here: http://adaamps.com/store/products/modulation.html

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

I got my PBF Flanger and it sounds fantastic!   :banana: :banana-dance: :banana-rock:  A great addition to the pedalboard.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Go GB  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

I still have and use my original Flanger pedal from 1978, even though I own a room full of ADA Rack processors that can produce the Flanging effect. The pedal is the quietest Flanger I have ever used and the biggest issue I've ever had with it was this: I wouldn't know if the effect was on until I played my guitar!
My only suggestion for the new pedal, if it's just as quiet, would be to add an LED indicator for the pedal status.

I still consider the old Flanger pedal to be the best one ever made! :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

Hey Harley,

Thank you for the kind words!  The new PBF Flanger is quieter than the original and it HAS a status indicator!  See more info here: http://adaamps.com/store/products/modulation.html

Hey ADA Amplification,

Quieter?!?  :o

My old original pedal is dead silent already, and a lot of studio engineers have offered to buy it from me in the past, but I wouldn't sell it. The Flanger is an effect I like to use with my leads along with some delay echoes to add a dimension moving space to the notes. The Flanger adds a swirling dimension to the echoes when I add it lightly.
   Of course I'll definitely have to get the new PBF Flanger, (As if I didn't already own enough ADA gear), just because of the size and quality of the effect itself! It'll come in handy for a suitcase pedal rig where racks just aren't an option.

***Just an application tip for the Flanger: I like to place mine in front of the Wah pedal rather than after it. Not the usual effect chain setup, I know. Then again, on the Flanger, I set my Harmonics to "Odd" because I'm a bit odd anyway :crazy: ***

( I'm going to have to get some new pics of My ADA gear to post here since the Old Depot pics are lost. Gotta get a better camera)

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

ADA Amplification

« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Check out the New ADA PBF Flanger Demo by Simon Gotthelf. Classic tone of the 80s!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWUgP1g7z8

ADA Amplification

« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Check out some cool PBF Flanger settings!

Image Credit: Markus Henkel

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Saw that video a few days ago and I really liked the sound, especially the clean sound. I think I'm going to buy the flanger also.
Problem is they are hard to find in Europe.

PrimalScream91

« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

PBF is definitely on my list to buy, initially I was looking at MXR, but the A/DA PBF has my attention now!
Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

PBF is definitely on my list to buy, initially I was looking at MXR, but the A/DA PBF has my attention now!

You can't go wrong with the A/DA Flanger! As I wrote earlier, it is the quietest one I've ever used, especially in a pedal format. Whether you set it for a subtle effect, or a super strong effect, my original 1978 pedal is so quiet, I don't know it's on until I play my guitar.
    This new one is definitely something I have to get since I like to use my Flanger before the Wah effect. It's the only pedal I have on the floor other than my Wah. A/DA Flanger and Chorus are the best in their class :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

PrimalScream91

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

This new one is definitely something I have to get since I like to use my Flanger before the Wah effect. It's the only pedal I have on the floor other than my Wah. A/DA Flanger and Chorus are the best in their class :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

I'm a bit of a chorus freak so don't get me started!  :lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Harley 8)

Then you probably like the Chorus in the MP-1 already. That one can get pretty lush, but wait until you add another one to it. That's when things get a little crazy :crazy:

Harley 8)

PrimalScream91

« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Harley 8)

Then you probably like the Chorus in the MP-1 already. That one can get pretty lush, but wait until you add another one to it. That's when things get a little crazy :crazy:

Harley 8)

Counting the chorus in the MP-1, I've got... 5 chorus' now! :lol:
MXR Analog Chorus
Ibanez SC10
Arion SCH-Z Stereo Chorus (EWS Mod)
Arion SCH-Z (Stock)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

+1 
Back in my MP-1 days in a previous band, I had a patch that featured the MP-1 Chorus along with an additional Chorus from the Intellifex fx processor.  The two Chorus' (Chori? lol) were set differently from each other; one had a wide slow sweep, the other a slightly narrower and slightly faster sweep.  The two fx would "weave" around each other and "crash" into each other somewhat randomly, and it was AWESOME.  We did a few Type O Negative covers back then, and I used this patch for all those leads.

PrimalScream91

« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

+1 
Back in my MP-1 days in a previous band, I had a patch that featured the MP-1 Chorus along with an additional Chorus from the Intellifex fx processor.  The two Chorus' (Chori? lol) were set differently from each other; one had a wide slow sweep, the other a slightly narrower and slightly faster sweep.  The two fx would "weave" around each other and "crash" into each other somewhat randomly, and it was AWESOME.  We did a few Type O Negative covers back then, and I used this patch for all those leads.

That sounds amazing!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

Ok, here's one setup I did a long time ago that sounded really cool:

I used my MP-1 Classic with a Chorus setting, then in the effects loops, I used one S-1000 in each set to a Chorus effect also, both set to slightly different rates and depths. This Tri-Chorus effect is something that came in my Eventide H-3000, so I duplicated it with my ADA gear. It makes for very rich and thick sounding Strat rhythm tones. Then for a lead tone, I added a slow deep Flanger and some Delay With a couple more S-1000's.

A very complicated sounding, but rich tone :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up