Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

Low Volume & Unpleasant Distortion in one output channel.

(1/2) > >>

Auntie Ada:
What a coincidence.....I just joined this fab forum and my MP-1 starts to go wrong. On one side of the stereo output the volume has all but disappeared and when I play hard there's this spitty, farty distortion on that side only (even on SS setting). Is this indicating that one of the valves is going ? There's no microphonic squealing at all.....yet.

Help, dudes !

MarshallJMP:
Is this a V1 or V2 mp-1 (top switch or not)?

Plug in a stereo headphone in the headphone out jack and see if both channels works or not and let me know.

Dante:

--- Quote from: Auntie Ada on July 27, 2015, 10:41:40 AM ---What a coincidence.....I just joined this fab forum and my MP-1 starts to go wrong.
--- End quote ---

I promise, it was only coincidence. I do not have a big enough brain to devise a device that makes your MP-1 go wonky as soon as you join. Don't you worry man, somebody in here will get you straight, they always do ;) and you're family now.

Auntie Ada:
Thanks guys, I feel right at home.
I think it's a v1 but I'm at work at the moment so I'll check when I get home and come back to you.
Watch this space...

Auntie Ada:
There's no top switch that I can see. I tried the headphones test (good call, Batman) and it sounds a-OK in the 'phones.
Does that give anyone a clue ?

:dunno:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version