ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Registration now (reluctantly) requires Admin Aproval  (Read 5825 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hi all, who peruse this site, unfortunately due to relentless spam bot attacks, we have had to implement Admin approval for new members to register to post on this site. I apologise for this inconvenience but swimming in a sea of spam is worse  :thumb-up: Typically, if you seem ok, you'll get an activation email to activate your account, please note though, if you don't activate your account within a reasonable period of time, it will be automatically removed (currently 1 month).

BTW, the registration screen has a "Location" field, while I can't seem to make this mandatory (if I find out how to I will), it makes a difference when I'm evaluating weather to approve a new account (apart from other checks). It's useful for us to know what country your in for different power requirements as ADA gear used different transformers for US/Japan/Europe etc. It's also an additional check against your IP address, I appreciate some use anonymizing services, I'd prefer you don't to access the depot as it's what bots and cyber crooks use to hide, so just makes me suspicious.

Best Regards Richard
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Possible email issue:
When a new member request comes in, I check the IP and email address against known spammer listings, if that's all good I approve and send an email which has an activation link (to prove your email address is you to the extent I can).  Mostly this is fine but in some cases the email doesn't get to you (we are still trying to fix this).  So Dante has added a Need Help contact button so you can contact us here.  I usually process all new requests each night (Australian time), but sometimes it may take a couple of days if I'm away. If you register to join and haven't got the activation email in a few days, click the need help button and send us an email  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up