ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ART X-15 with a MP-1?  (Read 4182 times)

Crabs

ART X-15 with a MP-1?
« on: Time Format »

Ok so, I have an ADA MP-1 (my very first) on the way and it comes with the MC-1 BUT I Have an ART X-15 already and the X-15 is the ART foot controller that has an expression pedal. Anyone ever tried a ART X-15 with a MP-1?

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: ART X-15 with a MP-1?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi Crabs,

i used the X15 Ultrafoot in the 90s with various pieces of rack gear. Very sturdy floorboard.
With the MP-1 you'll only be able to use it to change programs/presets 1-128, the EXP-pedals will be of no use. If you have a Multi-FX that does CC, you can easily assign them to any supported function, e.g. Master Volume, Fx-Volume, certain FX-parameters,....

Rock on!

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I used an X-15 for quite awhile with the MP-1.  As Chaos mentioned, you can change presets and it works well for that, but the expression pedals won't work with it.  But, if you have another FX that accepts assignable parameters, you can assign the mode button as an on / off controller in addition to any CC messages that you can use and assign.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yuuppp, I use my MP-1 Classic with the MXC footpedal (intended for the MP2) and the CC pedal is of no use to the MP-1 Classic. It does, however, work well with the FX unit I have (Boss GX-700) for running the wah, volume, etc.

I also use the Quad switch for the MXC pedal to toggle specific FX on/off in the GX-700. That gives me four options for each patch. Most times, I have one button for a solo boost, one for an auto-wah, one for a delay toggle, and one wild-card that is typically used for strange one-off effects required for specific songs. I use the wildcard button to activate the tuner in my first patch of every bank.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante nice way to do it, gives me some ideas  :thumb-up: , I've gone back to 3 sounds (mostly 2) and use the MP2 midi controlled (by CC) master vol. I've had the quad switch for MXC forever and never really used it.

So Crabs the summary here is the MP1 doesn't respond to midi continuous control signals (CC), they came (into vogue) later (MP2 does BTW) MP1 just responds to midi program (patch) change instructions (and a bit of sysex another discussion). However, many of the rack gadgets you may team with your MP1 (rack FX gadgets, delay reverb etc) may accept the CC messages from your Art X15 controller. How you can use this depends on how you patch your gadgets (we can help here if it's confusing) and what you want as your guitar tone(s).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up