ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Programming patches - inconsistent behaviour  (Read 4618 times)

MikeB

Got a funny one here (funny strange, NOT funny ha ha).  My battery went dead last week and I lost all of my patches. I have replaced the battery and upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 eprom while I was at it.  I reloaded my last backed-up patches and then decided to rebuild from scratch anyway.

I operate parallel sets of patches.  One set turns on the effects loop where I have a GCS-3 plugged in so that I can play with headphones or direct into a desk.  The other set has the same settings but with the loop off.  I roughed up my new patches with the headphones and have just been copying them down to the other bank so that I can fine tune them at volume through a cabinet.  After copying them all down I have to go through each one and turn the effects loop off.  This worked fine for a couple of them but some of the others won't change from "in" to "out" when I edit the patch.   :dunno:

What the hell is going on here?

Just gone and done a quick experiment. Going  back to my effects "in" bank, the corresponding ones that I couldn't modify on the effects "out" bank also wouldn't change from "in" to "out".  I copied a patch that was working over the top of one that wasn't and found that it now works.  So this inability to change the effect loop setting can be over written. :crazy: :facepalm:

Is this just freak event or a harbinger of doom and sorrow?
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Programming patches - inconsistent behaviour
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Strange one indeed. Sounds like some sort of corruption in the patch memory store, maybe the reload had some corrupt data ? Guessing here obviously.
Hey MJMP, where are the patches stored, I assume some sort of flash memory ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

They are stored in the RAM chip (a whopping 64kb  :lol: )
I know there are some problems if you load 2.0 patches in a 2.01,don't know why but i also had problems with this.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Good to know  :thumb-up: helps my understanding, so I suspect that the data structure is changed (slightly, and thus memory allocations must be changed to accommodate) with the updates (not always but if they add new stuff, it has to change to store new (enhanced) patches).  That fits with MikeBs experiences. So going from 2.0 to 2.1 MP1 write your patches down (old school) coz it's probably easier to re program the patches than deal with the (minor) corruption caused.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

yep that seems to be the best thing you can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up