Other ADA Gear > ADA Cabinet Simulaters

Micro cab2 with power amp

<< < (2/3) > >>

Systematic Chaos:
Good approach with the lvl settings...
The MP1 Master is a patch master vol....
How did the settings I posted in the other thread work out?

rnolan:
So the MP1 "patch" master vol controls the MP1 out volume per patch, (but overall overridden with the main output vol knob), which controls the overall level that goes to the next device (so combo of both).

Metropolis:
Thank you all for your  replies,  they have already shed much light on this Magical Box called MP1.   I believe my unit is not damaged.  I just needed to learn its limits.  As for the Clean Petrucci patch settings,  yes I did dail that up and I am very impressed.  I need to fiddle with the effects a bit more,  you know the Intellifex parameters can run a bit deep.  What would be a good 5 band eq to get.

rnolan:
Happy to help  :thumb-up: and glad it's all coming together for you. There's a few posts re eq (in the MP1 area IIRC ?), one pretty good one and a good article I posted on eqs which is worth a read to understand them better. (try a search for eq).
Standard graphic eqs have there centre frequencies set to the ISO standard. Guitar eqs tend to have the centre freq optimised for guitar.
e.g. the MP2s 9 band graphic (100hz/ 170hz/ 280hz/ 470hz/ 800hz/ 1.3khz/ 2.2khz/ 3.8khz/ 6.3khz). Personally I don't use additional eq as MP2 has it built in, but many others here do and have good suggestions and experience. There's lots to choose from, main thing is it needs to "sound" good, eqs vary quite allot, some sound good, some sound ok and some sound terrible. IIRC the MXR 6 band worked well for some (RanallRG likes his allot).
I know what you mean with deep parameters, I went through my basic QV program yesterday to post, I haven't fiddled with it in years and I'd forgotten how many variables and routing options it has.

rnolan:
Here's the eq article

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version