ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Anyone here boost their ADA MP1?

(1/33) > >>

Chamai:
I just want to know if anyone boost their mp1's before the preamp?

i do a lot of palm muting and i feel that I don't get a tight enough sound without a boost pedal of some sort. the mp1 has more than enough gain for me, but its lacking the tightness and gain compression.

right now i am using a tube screamer in the front with gain set to 0. this gives me the tightness when i palm mute. but it does change the sound of the ada.

i would love to know what people use to give the mp1 a little more punch.

Systematic Chaos:
I had pretty good results boosting my Mod3.1 with an MXR GT-OD...
While not altering the overall character of the MP1 it gives a boost and adds a certain depth (not oomph)

rnolan:
Hey Chamai, interesting question, I put nothing in front (and I'd avoid anything that doesn't give me an analogue pass threw (I try not to digitize my sound but add/mix in digital FX)), also (and I also do allot of palm muting) I've never had an issue with MP1/2 in that regard  :???: .  Tubes can make a difference here (what are you using ??). BTW (being clinical) tubes don't typically compress (i.e. reduce dynamic range, they have a very wide dynamic range), but they can be driven to clip (distortion is what we do  >:D ) which has a dynamic range (compression like) effect (if you think about it).
I do know that when you run allot of gain, you need to control it with both left and right hand muting (but hey, I grew up with Marshalls, no master volume control, learn to drive or squeal like a pig LOL)

Chamai:
thanks for the write up rnolan.
I guess I am just after a certain type of sound that needs the amp to be overdriven/boost a little. again, im not going after more distortion. I run my jcm 900 with a tube screamer as well. i guess i just love the tube screamer.

i do want to avoid having pedals in the front coz i want to keep my ada setup and all rack rig. i tried using my gsp 21 pro in the loop to overdrive the mp1, but it sounds really thin if i do that. all the bass is gone. im looking for a rack overdrive (not preamp) that i can put infront of the ada. here is my setup right now:

guitar --> tube screamer (0 gain) -->mxr 10 band eq --> ada mp1 --loop--> digitech dsp21 pro --> 31 band eq

really wanna replace that tube screamer with a rack effect! im opened to suggestions.

Chamai:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on November 13, 2014, 01:32:42 AM ---I had pretty good results boosting my Mod3.1 with an MXR GT-OD...
While not altering the overall character of the MP1 it gives a boost and adds a certain depth (not oomph)

--- End quote ---

any experience using a treble boost instead of a od?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version