ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Year of production?  (Read 13551 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Re: Year of production?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Why is 2.00 holy grail?

This one for whatever reason responds like a Bogner head really and of the 8 units we have destroys the others tone, gain and volume wise and is very touch sensitive.  :dunno: Their is also a thickness to it that cuts through and roars like the Bogner Uberschall and it perfectly stock!

So for me it's the Holy Grail but some may feels it's too ballsy or responsive; I have a friend that has an original 1.38 that came by last month ( when it actually worked ) and flat out said he did not care for how thick and full the tone was because he enjoyed the more transparent processed sound and wanted it, like his does, to like a studio recording and NOT a head!

So as always, tone is so very subjective to all of us players and I bet as well there would be several on here that may not care for my "Holy Grail" MP-1.

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

This one for whatever reason responds like a Bogner head really and of the 8 units we have destroys the others tone, gain and volume wise and is very touch sensitive.  :dunno: Their is also a thickness to it that cuts through and roars like the Bogner Uberschall and it perfectly stock!

Are you 100% sure it's perfectly stock?
From how you describe it, it seems to have Mesa/Soldano mod...  :lol:
On the run again!

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Are you 100% sure it's perfectly stock?
From how you describe it, it seems to have Mesa/Soldano mod...  :lol:

Close-up pics of the tube-board will tell

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, sounds like your friend would be happier with a MP2.

So pic of MP-1, is this the one you just got back from MJMP ?  Of the units I've received over time, the most common issue has always been a bent rack ear (more times than not now I think about it).  Fortuitously, the bend has been the only problem (so straighten it with a small shifter spanner) and the units have worked fine.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Syntho

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

My serial is 801707. MarshallJMP said it was an earlier unit from 1987 judging by the chips in it, and the 1707th one made. I don't have another to compare it to, but man it just sounds great. I'll never mod it because it's in very good condition. Only thing I'll do is install a battery mod, and I'm about to pop in the new firmware too.

Do you guys know how many MP-1's were actually made? I didn't think that even 1707 were made. I was thinking like 1500 at most, but judging by the serial numbers out there, thousands were made.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Syntho »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Around 25000 units were made.

dmax

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

FYI. Hope this helps to date your preamp.

I picked up my ADA MP-1 new in July 1989.  It is 807026.
I also bought an ADA MC-1 footswitch (SN 015554) at the same time.  However, it was stolen in the early ‘90’s.
« Last Edit: Time Format by dmax »
ADA MP-1
Marshall 9005
Marshall 1936 2X12
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up