ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOD3 5150  (Read 13792 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MOD3 5150
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Hey Robb, no right arm, what are your doing to yourself, hope it's coming back ok ??
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RobbHell

Re: MOD3 5150.
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

I was in a quad accident having too much fun and seperated my shoulder and clavical from my AC joint. Been stuck in a sling the last 6 weeks. With bruised ribs it wasn't very pleasant.  Slowly getting arm to do mild tasks. Just a slow recovery.
Everyone be safe out there.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Holy crap, bummer, so no right hand... I had my left hand in a cast years ago, but at least I could put on a slide on my pinky and play something...  I know the bruised ribs, don't catch a cold.. owwww.  Hey I'm safe and good, but getting the wisdom teeth on my right side (left done a couple of years ago) out tomorrow (mmm not looking forward to it), 1st world problems (which is what we call our band).
Hey had MikeB here tonight trying his (my original) MP1 (new tube board, Mullard sp V1, boogie STR (JJ?) in V2) GCS3 in loop > desk > monitors. He ran up my 1992 patches I posted, and with his Les Paul, the clean sounds weren't clean, so we tried with my Anderson and, as with my MP2 clean patch, it relies (to a great extent) on the PU selection (and in this case height), so lovely clean mmm. My middle Ultrasonic in the Anderson is lowered as far as I can (so I don't bump into it with the pick), when I combine it switched to parallel with the neck PU switched to series I get the clean tone (a bit of a tone vol suck) witch goes with the patch (same with my MP2 clean patch BTW).
From my part, I got to give the Mullard short plate a run in MP1, nice tube, similar 3D as the long plate but not quite as deep IMHO (so I'm liking the lpts, but then there was only one Mullard splt, 2 would add even more to MP1), these days I find the MP1 a bit 2D and boxy compared to MP2, but the Mullards open them out quite nicely, although MP1's lack gain compared to MP2 (I recon a 3TM with Mullard short plates would sound awesome  :thumb-up: ) MJMP ? give it a try ??.

So comment on the short plate Mullard (in MP1): exhibits very similar 3D tones (and depth) as the long plates in MP2 (I can hear the similarities, though quite different circuits), they kind of chime (in a very nice guitar way).., it certainly opened up the MP1 (as they do in MP2)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Hey Rob

Just send you a PM.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up