ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 192918 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #165 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, nice  :thumb-up: . I lent MikeB a small desk to try instead of the ART Split mix, as the Split mix is passive, it does reduce the volume a bit.  This isn't a huge issue as there is still plenty of gain available in the MP1 and TC to compensate but Mike did confirm the active (analogue) mixer doesn't reduce the volume (which make sense). We noticed the issue at the last loud/live jam, normally he doesn't notice at bedroom levels or jamming here through my studio monitors (Mike has a GCS3 cab sim in his MP1 loop).  GMaj in parallel definitely sounds better  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Rusty

« Reply #166 on: Time Format »

That seems very logical rnolan about not noticing much at bedroom levels. I know you right by true bypassing the GMajor. I'm still not 100% on the mixer thing yet and how it will it limit me with midi controlling and switching live. It's something that I will have try out to see wether sacrificing tone for extra midi control and which one matters most. Like, for example,  if I was recording or doing a live gig. I mean if I was recording then i'd definitely go parrallell mode. I'll be asking you some questions on that one as soon as I get a few other things wrapped up.

Thanks rnolan

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #167 on: Time Format »

Folks, once again....
Pls don't mistake the GMajor 2 for the GMajor or even older units like the QV.
The GMajor 2 is far superior in terms of aAD/DA converters and sound to the GMajor and light years from the old QV which does indeed color the sound and has worst converters of these units.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #168 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, no worries, happy to share our experiences. :wave:
@SC salient point my friend. When Mike and I tested the difference it was noticeable enough for Mike to decide to sacrifice some of the CC he'd been using the GMaj 2 for eg master volume in preference for the tone improvement. But I agree, the AD/DA converters are much better than the earlier units. It's an individual call. I'm really liking the TC MOne XL in my studio rack, but I run that off the 2 FX sends.

MikeB

« Reply #169 on: Time Format »

I don't want to get too much into the analogue vs digital debate. I have made the decision run my tc gmajor2 in a parallel loop becuse that's what sounded right to me. The point i want to make here is that there are many ways to skin that cat.  I went with an ART split mix because it was cheap and simple. What i have discovered is that it soaks a fair bit of volume because it is passive. This has only been an issue once when we were having a very loud jam recently and i had to pretty much max everything out. So, if you are keen on the parallel loop solution and want to play at very loud levels, then maybe an active mixer is a better option. More expensive that way, too.
I don't feel tardy!

Rusty

« Reply #170 on: Time Format »

Thanks for that info ada'ers. I'll be installing the 3TM and MDRT work this week so the system is down at the moment.

Chamai

« Reply #171 on: Time Format »

Here's a picture of the family

wet/dry/wet hair metal rig: Marshall JCM 2000 100w + Orange 2x12 --> Rockcrusher Attenuator: line out -->TC G Major --> BK Butler power amp --> Rocktron 1x12 cabs. JCM 2000 loop: MXR Analog Chorus --> ART 31 band eq.
rig 2: Marshall Vintage modern 50w + Mesa 2x12. loop: Fostex 3180 spring reverb --> MXR 10 band eq.
rig 3: Marshall JCM 900 DR 100w (shares same effects as Vintage Modern)
rig 4: ADA MP1. loop: Digitech DSP 21 Pro
rig 5: Yamaha G100 212
Pedalboard. Diamond Compressor --> MXR Micro Amp --> Tubescreamer --> Boss NS2.
Korg rack Pitch black tuner first in chain.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Telecaster American 2013
Krammer AH30 1987?
Bass:
Warwick Thumb bolt-on 5 string

« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #172 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, very nice  :thumb-up: but all the guitars are the wrong way round (LoL) sorry cheap pun. The 2008 LPS looks particularly nice  :whoohoo!:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #173 on: Time Format »

Nice setup!!!

Chamai

« Reply #174 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, very nice  :thumb-up: but all the guitars are the wrong way round (LoL) sorry cheap pun. The 2008 LPS looks particularly nice  :whoohoo!:

thank you sir, I really hate being a lefty. impossible to buy guitars. I was lucky to find that lp for a decent price.

serious gas right now. still gotta get myself a jcm 800
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #175 on: Time Format »

Nice setup!!!

thanks man

I always stare at my guitar stuff before I go to bed. I try my best to keep all my stuff clean. wax the guitars and wipe down the amps every few weeks.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #176 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, gotta watch that GAS LoL, had it bad myself lately, Yeah must be really hard being a lefty, as you say very difficult to find decent guitars and if you do they tend to be expensive.
Good luck with a JCM 800.

Chamai

« Reply #177 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, gotta watch that GAS LoL, had it bad myself lately, Yeah must be really hard being a lefty, as you say very difficult to find decent guitars and if you do they tend to be expensive.
Good luck with a JCM 800.

we are moving soon, so i can't spend much money on gear after that. stuck with mortgage payments. and the wife said i have enough amps already. im happy with just my tele and my les paul. it covers pretty much everything i need. i could use a strait and a SG though :P

i usually look out for deals in local stores. whenever they have lefty trade ins , they always take it in for less and sell it cheap just coz they say they sell less than 10 lefties a year. both my tele and my les pauls are used. i can score good amps and gear usually for cheap. a lot of times i turn it into profit if i end up not liking it. picked up a used cab for 100 bucks cad and someone did a straight traded me a TC G Major for it.

JCM 900 MKIII and a JCM 800 reissue is on my shopping list.  :D

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Rusty

« Reply #178 on: Time Format »

Very nice indeed, much fun must be had in that room,  :)

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #179 on: Time Format »

Beautiful rigs, Chamai!

I'm glad to see someone else with terminal Marshall GAS.  I just got a 6100LM (30th Anniversary amp) and I'd like to suggest you try one if you have not yet already.  It may well be the ultimate Marshall amp.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Up