ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 192960 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #120 on: Time Format »

I close mic everything for the simple reason that I am limited to one room  and I can't change the room and I will be until some day when I am a milliaire I can buy a studio custom built  :lol:

I don't think I could rely on 2 or 3 mic approach, although didn't Bonham get recorded by two mics rnolan?  At least at one stage I think he was.

I would try this if I had a nice drum room, but I don't so I wont and I will just fake the ambience.

This discussion could perhaps continue on a recording drum thread :)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #121 on: Time Format »

Hey RG new topic started  :thumb-up: (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=802.0)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Satch

« Reply #122 on: Time Format »

1st Rig

Satch

« Reply #123 on: Time Format »

2nd Rig

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #124 on: Time Format »

Hey Satch, Nice  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #125 on: Time Format »

Nice Satch, I just stumbled upon a Classic 50/50 myself and it is glorious with an MP-1.

Okay so I know there is no ADA in my current main rig:

Lexicon MPX G2>Soho Acoustics QTR-1 preamp>Carvin T100.

(Richard, this setup finally solved my doom metal/thrash/funk/jazzy combination dilemma from a while back; lexicon has maybe the best OD that I have ever heard)

The ADA rig:

Ibanez AD202>ADA TFX4 (finally found the pedal!!!)>MP1>Digitizer (in loop)>Mosvalve.
« Last Edit: Time Format by kawai2g4b »
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #126 on: Time Format »

Very nice, and glad you got it solved  :thumb-up: , interesting the pictures are upside down, maybe coz I'm in Australia  :dunno: LOL.
Had to save them to rotate, but cooking with gas my friend  :whoohoo!:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #127 on: Time Format »

Wow, that's what j get from uploading them from my phone. Thanks Richard!
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Chamai

« Reply #128 on: Time Format »

got some serious GAS going on, just wanna share these with you all

ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #129 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, very serious GAS my friend  :thumb-up: The Marshall head looks like my 1972 50w, although yours looks very pristine (is it a reissue ?), mine god many years of dings after a gazillion gigs I did with it LOL. BTW who owns the left handed Tele ?

Chamai

« Reply #130 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, very serious GAS my friend  :thumb-up: The Marshall head looks like my 1972 50w, although yours looks very pristine (is it a reissue ?), mine god many years of dings after a gazillion gigs I did with it LOL. BTW who owns the left handed Tele ?

that would be my personal lefty heh. the right handed epiphone is actually my son's. the 1987x is a 90's reissue without the effects loop. im actually trying out the amp for a few before i buy it. to be honest, it doesn't really work for me. i need more gain. i guess old school marshalls don't work for me. im prob better off with a used 800 or a splawn. i really don't want to slap a distortion pedal in the front because it changes the tone too much. i tried boosting it with my tubescreamer but its still quite weak. any ideas besides modding it?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #131 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai (sorry thought the post was Dante doh  :facepalm: and last I looked he's not a lefty LOL)

I chucked some new input tubes in my '72 a while ago (Boogie STRs, had spare after the Mullards for my MP2). It was my main amp for years. Total let down after ADA MP1/2 (and had a hum  :facepalm: ). Back in the day I had a tubescreamer thingy with a 12AX7 tube in it, I wasn't that impressed, the amp had lots of gain but no master vol so I used a power soak so I could crank it (and still be in the same room LOL). So the screamer just made it more distorted and I wanted a volume boost for solos not so much more distortion.
Unless you really want a Marshall, I'd stick with the ADA. You could have it modded but I'm not convinced it would ever sound as good as an ADA rig (but I'm a total MP1 now MP2 convert  :whoohoo!: ). I used to love the Marshall but haven't used it in many years as my MP1 (back then) gave me 128 of them at different volumes so I never looked back. MJMP modded a couple of his Marshalls so one of the input jacks is straight to the power amp stage, so he just likes the tube poweramp output to go with his preamps.

Chamai

« Reply #132 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai (sorry thought the post was Dante doh  :facepalm: and last I looked he's not a lefty LOL)

I chucked some new input tubes in my '72 a while ago (Boogie STRs, had spare after the Mullards for my MP2). It was my main amp for years. Total let down after ADA MP1/2 (and had a hum  :facepalm: ). Back in the day I had a tubescreamer thingy with a 12AX7 tube in it, I wasn't that impressed, the amp had lots of gain but no master vol so I used a power soak so I could crank it (and still be in the same room LOL). So the screamer just made it more distorted and I wanted a volume boost for solos not so much more distortion.
Unless you really want a Marshall, I'd stick with the ADA. You could have it modded but I'm not convinced it would ever sound as good as an ADA rig (but I'm a total MP1 now MP2 convert  :whoohoo!: ). I used to love the Marshall but haven't used it in many years as my MP1 (back then) gave me 128 of them at different volumes so I never looked back. MJMP modded a couple of his Marshalls so one of the input jacks is straight to the power amp stage, so he just likes the tube poweramp output to go with his preamps.

not many lefties around this board my guess. got the orange cab brand new for 40% off and a pretty good deal on the mesa cab. can't resist!!! :banana-trip:

for old 80's hair metal, nth could replace the ada. i do find palm muting/ rhythm lacking a bit. the ada is just not as sensitive in that department compared to a tube amp. lead tones on the ada is amazing though.

i plan on getting an A/B switch to switch between my marshall and my mp1. i kick in my jcm 900 for rhythm and switch to the mp1 for my solos. im curious to see how that would sound with the band. i know it kind of defeats the purpose of the mp1.

as for the 1987x, i take my mp1 over it anyday. going to return the amp to the store tomorrow. im actually happy that i didn't like it, saved myself some money.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #133 on: Time Format »

What tubes/patches are you using ? Personally, I've never had an issue with palm muting with MP1/2 (so want to understand better). With '72 Marshall (cranked, they squeal like a banche and you need to palm mute left and right hand LOL, they are different beasts to control, good training though  >:D ).

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #134 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai,

how do you like the Orange cab? I was looking at one of their practice amps but no local stores have one to try out.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up