ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 192922 times)

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #75 on: Time Format »

Hey SC,

what are these apps about?

Positive Grid Bias / JamUp Pro

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #76 on: Time Format »

'Stah bro!

Amp modeling for/on iOS devices....check out www.positivegrid.com or some vids on YouTube.
You'll be surprised on how good these apps sound

Bias amp creation and JamUp Pro integration:
http://youtu.be/Z_NOquxLc_8

Creating an amp (80s Marshall Hi-Gain) with Bias:
http://youtu.be/urSN9eSSgbQ

Live:
http://youtu.be/cdT4kGGTBeg
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #77 on: Time Format »

That seems a small but nice setup but i would never dare use this live.Looks a bit fragil.
One of the biggest down sides I've noticed in modelling is the lack of dynamic range compared to tubes, which becomes more apparent when you pay louder (e.g. with real mmmm drums). So in the bedroom (which is what SC uses it for, almost perfect). Hey I played through a $500 AUD Line 6 the other day tuning my mates daughters  (very crap, took 20 mins and is still shit) very cheap strat like thingy, volume was low, he set the blues/rock sound (bit of delay/rev built in  :thumb-up: ). It was fine for lead coz I could bend all the notes into tune, chords...that guitar needs work (and if you bend the top E of the board, it gets stuck under the frets that poke out). Anyway, in that context, the line 6 was decent.
Loud and Live I want my ADA MP2 rig, and with the 3D Mullard long plates  >:D :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: Time Format »

It's pure practicability/portability... I'm presently "berthed" in BOQ Monday-Friday 400 klicks from home. Wife and daughter need the big car so I'm only "entitled" to the Z3....
But digital modeling has come a long way and these apps are way more dynamic than I thought in the first place.
Totally sufficient for a club jam session....
No need to tell though that my Triaxis/2:90 and 2 4x12 are a "different" thing >:D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #79 on: Time Format »

Absolutely, which is why I use one ADA split stack wired to run in stereo/or mono rather than 2 split stacks (which I have), it's easier/less to move... but still sounds fine, But I did enjoy the Line6 for a bit LOL, the guitar was crap.... (even with lots of work it will still be shit), but then I played her baby Taylor (which I'd set up for her (she's 7 ?) with some Dr Thomastic lights (10-42, thinnest wound g ever @ 0.016 ?) (a decent 3/4 acoustic with a solid top)), good way to bring a very young player along, best for me she played it really well, good feel, timing etc.

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #80 on: Time Format »

'Stah bro!

Amp modeling for/on iOS devices....check out www.positivegrid.com or some vids on YouTube.
You'll be surprised on how good these apps sound

Bias amp creation and JamUp Pro integration:
http://youtu.be/Z_NOquxLc_8

Creating an amp (80s Marshall Hi-Gain) with Bias:
http://youtu.be/urSN9eSSgbQ

Live:
http://youtu.be/cdT4kGGTBeg

sweet dude will check em out.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #81 on: Time Format »

I love seeing all these rig pix!

DaveM is a mad scientist ;) and I am envious of Systematic Chaos' minimalistic rig with the iPad. I have an app and a few stompbox models in my iPod, now I wanna hook up a cheap bluetooth footswitch (is there such a thing?)

Here's a pic of my footswitches...all I use for a 4-hour gig of cover tunes: ADA MXC w/Quad switch and CC pedal. I use the wah in my FX to keep down the cords - I just run the midi cable. The pedals look a bit better now, as I gave them a fresh coating of Sharpee and duct tape ;)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #82 on: Time Format »

Well this is one the most colorfull footswitch i ever seen :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: Time Format »

I love seeing all these rig pix!

DaveM is a mad scientist ;) and I am envious of Systematic Chaos' minimalistic rig with the iPad. I have an app and a few stompbox models in my iPod, now I wanna hook up a cheap bluetooth footswitch (is there such a thing?)

iRig BlueBoard  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #84 on: Time Format »

Nice Dante, did you paint it on or are they overlays of some kind ?, but then you are a graphic artist IIRC.
They look great BTW

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #85 on: Time Format »

Well this is one the most colorfull footswitch i ever seen
It's color coded :) White = Clean, Blue = Big Delay, Yellow = Gain/Crunch, Red = Solo

Nice Dante, did you paint it on or are they overlays of some kind ?
Richard: 5-6 rolls of colored duct tape, an Exacto knife and some pens (black sharpee, silver sharpee)

FYI: I also use the silver sharpee to draw bigger dots on the edge of my fretboard on my Gibson & my Epiphone (they have tiny white dots on the rosewood fingerboard edge, which is impossible to see in low-light on a stage). The sharpee rubs off in a few days. All my other guitars have a bound neck = white binding with larger black dots = easier to see.

iRig BlueBoard  :thumb-up:
Awesome...and it's cheap!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #86 on: Time Format »

Ah Dante, the master of the Exacto knife LOL. I know what you mean about the dots, on my Anderson they've softened over time (on the fretboard as well) and are harder to see. I've had many an interesting chat with the lighting guys over the years, like can you allays keep enough light on the guitar so I can see where TF I'm at! After 44 years playing I shouldn't need to see/look (and probably don't), but now I think about it, for some reason, my last cross check when changing positions is to make sure visually before going fully committed into the chord/note (I've hit a few clangers in my time  :facepalm: ). Then if I pick up the SG (last fret where neck joins body), everything goes 3 frets to the left from what I'm used to and I need to see...
I've seen some guitar builders (and I assume manufactures e.g. Gibson) are putting in LEDs. Great idea, not sure what you do if one blows, or if they're the same colour as the lights (red dots, red front/back wash). And when I play out doors daytime I have to make a little cardboard house over my MXC pedal display so I can see it...

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #87 on: Time Format »

I had a bass player who had one of these - they were pretty awesome (when I feel like dropping $80 for one, I will)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #88 on: Time Format »

Wow, disco lighting on your guitar lol, you can spend the $80 or train the lighting guy (harder I know).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #89 on: Time Format »

Wow, disco lighting on your guitar lol, you can spend the $80 or train the lighting guy (harder I know).

Hahaha  :lol:  :thumb-up:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up