Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

MP1 Tube board issues, like am radio

(1/5) > >>

monty:
Hey everyone. I have jumped back into the ADA world this afternoon when the mailman delivered an MP1 to my doorstep  :banana-dance:

The seller had attempted to perform the mod4 but the tube modes sound bad. Like AM radio bad. It makes sound, seems like it might have less gain (hard to say since its been years since I've had an mp1), and the eq works fine. The Solid state mode sounds killer and the chorus works perfectly fine.

The work itself looks clean and fine. The only thing that stood out to me was that two of the ground wires from the tube board were soldered directly to the main board, which I haven't seen before. All the components look to be in the right spot and orientation but I haven't had a chance to verify the values according to the mod4 info. I will do that after work but in the meantime, any other ideas of what I can check?

monty:
So I checked out the components and everything is correct  :???: The only thing missing/different are the cables F, J, N. Do both wires need to be connected to both boards for proper operation? I recall some of my old mp1s weren't all connected. With this one, two of the ground wires were soldered directly to the underside of the main board to one of the long traces.

rnolan:
This is MJMP/Sparker territory, I'm sure they will help  :thumb-up:

monty:
Long bump lol. Haven't had time to check things out again until now. Dug it back up and looking at it. Still scratching my head.

MarshallJMP:
Seems you have an old B revision,can you make some pics of the inside?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version