Non ADA Gear > Basses

Fender Squire Jaguar Bass et al

<< < (2/5) > >>

BrokeDownSouth:
I hear good things about the Carvin amps as far as bang for your buck, is the BR510 a 2x10" combo?

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: BrokeDownSouth on March 13, 2014, 10:14:01 AM ---is the BR510 a 2x10" combo?

--- End quote ---

Yup http://www.carvinworld.com/products/BR510

BrokeDownSouth:

--- Quote from: Peter H. Boer on March 13, 2014, 01:22:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrokeDownSouth on March 13, 2014, 10:14:01 AM ---is the BR510 a 2x10" combo?

--- End quote ---

Yup http://www.carvinworld.com/products/BR510

--- End quote ---

And, YES, I was too lazy to Google that myself.  :homer:

BrokeDownSouth:
I know he already got a bass, but that new Fender Dimension looks cool, and they offer it at several price points.  I would've opted for the Stingray too. 8)  How is he liking the SUB?

rnolan:
SUB is on order (they only had the 4 string variants in stock (which seemed good, albeit needing a decent set up)).  The 5 string SUBs look a bit better also (to me) with the slightly carved top.  Will let you know as soon as I've done the setup on it, should arrive next week.  It will be a bit of a chalange for him at first as he's been getting used to the 30" scale of the squire jag, but after the 7 months or so he's been playing, he's improving rapidly  :thumb-up:   He's also got small hands but he's getting better at sliding around which seems part an parcel of the longer scales >= 34" I was telling him about Peter and his 36" basses, (response was holy crap, how  :facepalm: )
He used the Carvin at rehearsal this week (we played acoustics, he played (very) softly) and I could here it's quality, we'd already run up a starting sound, had to back the tweeter off a bit and basically turned the bass up a bit and low mids down a bit (this was with the squire jaguar).

I wondering if it's a good idea to get a US music man pickup (are they buyable ?) for the SUB when it comes, seems most say the SUB PU is good but not quite as good as the US MM stingray PUs.

I'm also noticing the squire jaguar (30") lacks definition on low E, F, F#, G.  Currently running DR lights on it, maybe going to a heavier low E would help ? as it's such a short scale length.

BTW thanks for the comments/help guys cheers Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version