Miscellaneous > MP1

MP1 with MosValve

(1/2) > >>

Chip Roberts:
Hey all, check out the new single my band just released.  Clean guitars were done with the MP1 into the MosValve 1160, leads were through the effects return of a Line 6 Spider Valve (40w 6L6 tubes).  Mics were SM58 on the cleans (Warehouse Guitar Speakers Retro 30 and HM75) and a Superlux PRA628 on a V30 for the lead.  Pickups were Dimarzio Mo'Joe and Humbucker from Hell.  Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/AJ5NuV5FovI

Dante:
Sounds killer man!

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Chip Roberts on June 29, 2020, 12:58:03 PM ---Hey all, check out the new single my band just released.  Clean guitars were done with the MP1 into the MosValve 1160, leads were through the effects return of a Line 6 Spider Valve (40w 6L6 tubes).  Mics were SM58 on the cleans (Warehouse Guitar Speakers Retro 30 and HM75) and a Superlux PRA628 on a V30 for the lead.  Pickups were Dimarzio Mo'Joe and Humbucker from Hell.  Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/AJ5NuV5FovI

--- End quote ---
  Sounds excellent.  I'm disgusted that a line 6 sounded that good on the leads  :lol:

Hey Chip I thought you were more of a  :headbanger: no?

Chip Roberts:
That's definitely my wheelhouse, but I love the New Wave and Synthpop stuff, too!

I think what makes the Line 6 sound so good is that, by going through the effects return, you're bypassing the digital preamp and just getting the tube power section.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Chip Roberts on June 29, 2020, 05:28:47 PM ---That's definitely my wheelhouse, but I love the New Wave and Synthpop stuff, too!

I think what makes the Line 6 sound so good is that, by going through the effects return, you're bypassing the digital preamp and just getting the tube power section.

--- End quote ---

It's defo in that area, much better than the shit they call "pop" music today.  But then what do I know  :lol:

Good effort.  So you're bypassing with Line 6 preamp?  So it's not really the Line6 then, what is the preamp?  Your MP1?  I read that as the leads where done by the Line6 as in generated solely by it.  So it's one of those Line6 Amp heads then and not a floor unit or pod?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version