Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Ibanez 2007 20th anniversary RG550

(1/2) > >>

bunkyloo:
I found this anniversary model after a long search for an 87 in good shape. I have other golden era Ibanez as well but I needed this color. I picked it up for $700 usd.
 I think it was a good buy.

Dante:
That is a really pretty guitar  :thumb-up: and appears to be in great shape

Systematic Chaos:
Congrats, nice Road Flare Red 20th! Here's my original 1987 550RF:

rnolan:
Hey bunkyloo, nice  :thumb-up: , need to tighten the rear springs though and get the floyd flat/parallel with the body.  The angle it's at now (like a strat bridge  :nono: ) will stuff your string break over the saddles and loose sustain (even though they lock into the "jaws of life") and also make it harder for the knife edge to return to neutral (check out how SCs got his  :thumb-up: .

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: rnolan on August 20, 2018, 03:18:14 AM ---Hey bunkyloo, nice  :thumb-up: , need to tighten the rear springs though and get the floyd flat/parallel with the body.  The angle it's at now (like a strat bridge  :nono: ) will stuff your string break over the saddles and loose sustain (even though they lock into the "jaws of life") and also make it harder for the knife edge to return to neutral (check out how SCs got his  :thumb-up: .

--- End quote ---
Hey Rich, the EDGE on bunkyloo's RG is set up perfect.
You can see the knife edge inserts on the side. These have to be parallel to the body. The baseplate is angled.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm#ED

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version