Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Pitchtraq with MIDI/ distorted sounding

(1/5) > >>

Griphook:
Hey folks,
I dont have any luck with my ADA gear..
My Pitchtraq arrived and it is not as original as I thought. It got a MIDI-jack on the Back.

During Startup the dispalys shows as follows:
1. Everything blinkinbg a few times
2. 3.00
3. P 3
4. Ch 1
5. Lint (or something like that)
Is this normal behaviour?
I am using the Effect Out and I got a constant hum and a kinda distorted sound.
Addional I often get a really Loud Noise (about 5x the normal output). Depending on the used Program.

Any ideas on this?
Thank you in advance
Greets Griphook

peoriashows:
Quite unique indeed since the Pitchtraqs never had MIDI. I'm really curious how they did this mod. I actually gave away (for free) one of my Pitchtaqs to a guy on the old ADA Depot who was working on a Midi mod for it. I told him the only thing he had to repay me with was to promise to mod my main Pitchtaq if he ever figured out how to do it. I never heard back from him and the old Depot crashed, so I'm wondering if he ever was able to make it happen. Did you happen to buy yours from a guy in Wisconsin,  USA?

Griphook:
No, I bought it from a guy in Germany. Unfortunately he can't (or just does not want to) tell me anything about that unit. He bought it together with a complete Rack, but never used the Pitchtraq.

I'll attach some Pictures of the Inside. It looks like someone really knew, what to do  :o
EDIT: I cant upload any pictures. Not .JP, nor .png. The files are about 2500KB large. So that should not be a problem, should it?

MarshallJMP:
Hey Griphook, send the pics to my email and I'll have a look at it. But I can tell you it will not be a midi input. It seems it has some power supply issues.
Can you also make a small video so I can see what happends at startup?

Griphook:
Since the Files are too big for an E-mail, I just uploaded it as a .zip-File on Zippyshare. I hope, that is ok:
Here I got a Dropbox-Share. Hope this willl work.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l1n9fzvaiou34py/AAB_zoEgy4ASnTwtMOVNy6ada?dl=0

EDIT: Edited the link. Uses now a share in my Dropbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version