ADA Preamps > MP-2

mp2 comp on no sound

(1/4) > >>

jnelson:
I talked to jmp about this issue years ago, but ended up moving around a lot and never got back
to following up on it
you turn compressor on and it mutes the unit, turn it off and you get sound but cannot use comp
any idea's 
really would love to get it back up n running ,
also I have a pair of mp1's I'm looking to get in touch with jmp but it seems his old site isn't working
the e mail address is incorrect, not exactly sure on that one, starts with phillipe if anyone knows about
it.
thanks for any help.
John

rnolan:
Hey John, MJMPs email is in his profile (click on his name in any post he's posted to).  His web site is working for me (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/index.htm)

Cheers R

MarshallJMP:
I'm still alive  ;D

Just send you a PM with my email address.

The compressor thing is a known problem with the mp-2, usually if you wait some time it will start to work. Sometimes it takes a minute, sometimes 30 minutes.

rnolan:
There's also a related (maybe) issue where you get no output at all unless you start the unit with a patch that includes the compressor, ie when you power down make sure the current patch has compressor on so when you power on again, that patch is loaded.  One of my units did this, though seems ok now after the noise mod.

jnelson:
so still no fix for the problem?  ok I plan on getting my old rack out soon and trying it again to see if it works, will update as soon as I check it out.
planning on doing at least 1 of the mods JMP has for sale to one of my mp1's as soon as I get a chance, I have not played guitar since my dad
passed away several years ago, not exactly sure why.. just happened, but am trying to get back into it and man it sure is different after taking such
a long break !
thanks for the help guys, cannot thank you enough !
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version