Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

Got noise???

<< < (2/2)

rabidgerry:
It's weird but I know what you mean about power supplies.  A few months ago our bassist's gear was giving him shit and I said wtf man!!  Treat your gear a bit better, you've got a noise issue from not looking after your stuff good.  Anyways didn't take to long for me to trck down his issue, but it was a generic cheapo 9v pedal adapter he was using.  I swapped it over to one of mine that I have lying about (it aint an expensive fancy one either) and the noise was gone, so that's how we discovered his power adapter was the issue.  How it went bad?  Who knows.

Anyways, since I moved over to new studio setup at home, I am running a few things using the adapters.  Currently I have separate units powering each device (my new miniature mixer Richard).  These plug into UK plug to IEC14 adapters that allow me to run them off my furman.  However in future I am looking at this to power multiple and only need one power supply.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Tone-Guitar-Supply-Station/dp/B00OTVP1R8

Kim:
I'm using something similar to that, Gerry.  Even got it from the same place!  lol

Donner Power Supply

This is for my stompbox pedalboard btw and has been working flawlessly for that.  I still have the shit power supply in the rack for Phantom Power which I will replace, but in a pinch I could just run a lead from this pedalboard supply over to my MidiBuddy too.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Kim on January 14, 2018, 07:56:34 AM ---I'm using something similar to that, Gerry.  Even got it from the same place!  lol

Donner Power Supply

This is for my stompbox pedalboard btw and has been working flawlessly for that.  I still have the shit power supply in the rack for Phantom Power which I will replace, but in a pinch I could just run a lead from this pedalboard supply over to my MidiBuddy too.

--- End quote ---

That's looks like a decent power block also Dante.  I might have to weigh up some comparisons.  Most of the pedals I'll need powered are the bog standard 9v type however I have a few 12v requirements and my Hush IICX.  Cannot remember though if the hush runs from an AC power supply same as my rockman EQ.

On the noise front, currenly I have a few 9v adapters powering individual items such as my Nobels mini mixer (great device BTW), my EPSI speaker sim (which is a digital speaker cab sim using impulses) which is a stomp box design and then a few things like OD pedals and EQ pedals that I use for boosts.  So I turned everything on the other day and I heard some crappy noise I never heard before.  Started checking all the cables etc and then I realised when I touched the mini ixer the noise went away.  I was scrathcing my head though as to why the noise was hear today but wasn't their previous?????????????????

Well turned out it was nothing to worry about.  One of the 9V adapters, I literally moved the wire running from it to a different position and the noise was gone.  Don't really know why, but I know it's gone, funnily enough the same adapter powering the mini mixer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version