Non ADA Gear > Effects

Re: Digitech tech

(1/8) > >>

rabidgerry:
I would love to have heard that Richard!  I reckon it would have sounded excellent.

How did Blackmore do it live?  John lord Harmonize with him?  The only had one guitar so I doubt he could do it all live unless the Keyboards filled it out.

I aint never tried IPS33 without using the loop, you think it will track the same for me?  I play clean enough so I think my tracking would be an issue.

Why is the so called better 33B not so good?  Ruined the purchase for me if I am honest.

As for the tranny, I'd rather see if I could switch the existing ones wiring around for 220v (you know the 220-240 region).

See attached photos Richard.

I've one more gig that involves traveling this year and when that's out of the way (London this weekend) I shall try and mod it. 

MikeB:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on December 12, 2017, 10:40:00 AM ---I would love to have heard that Richard!  I reckon it would have sounded excellent.

--- End quote ---

It did! The best one I witnessed was when he was in a band called Debbie Does.   Picture a mid-thirties Richard and a bunch of teenagers. The other guitarist did the keyboard solo.   They were on fire that night!   :banana-rock:

rabidgerry:
That sounds excellent!!!  :thumb-up:

Mid thirties Richard, jeeez that's my right now!  Mid Thirties Gerry  :lol:

rnolan:
Debbie Does was a great band, me in my 30s and the other guys 17/18, we were playing Mr Big and Skid row etc, stuff I hadn't played before... lots of fun.

Mike gave me the transcript from Guitar Player mag, it's one of only a few solos I ever worked out, I usually play my own interpretation.  Live (think made in japan), Blackmore just played the one line without harmonies, same for smoke on the water but he played that very differently on Made in japan, and it's what I base my solo on for that song.  I did learn the studio version later but I always seem to revert to the live version when I play it.

Well looking at the pics, I'm pretty confident you can rewire the tranny (MJMP will know better and how to do it  :thumb-up: ).  My guess is it has something to do with the numbered contacts just next to the writing, so I recon your on the money there  :whoohoo!: .

Funny how the little rubber feet are stacked up on top of the tranny to contact the top plate, mines the same, I put more of them in at one point to try to quieten the tranny hum, which is quite audible when not playing. I found the hum stops when you take the top off.  The extra rubber feet didn't help, so I'm going to try just removing them and I've put some foamy stuff around the case edges where the top screws go, don't know if it will work  :dunno: but it seems the top plate vibrates and you hear the hum.

rabidgerry:
This is what MJMP said to me a few months back about the transformer switch

"yep it seems like you can get it to work on 230V.From what I can see you need to remove the bridge wires on 1-2 and 3-4 and place a bridge wire between 2-3."

MJMP I'll probably take some more pictures of the other side of the transformer and hopefully get you to elaborate a bit more  :thumb-up: before I do anything.

Richard, so you think the hum can be eliminated by a buffer between the lid and the tranny?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version