Miscellaneous > MP1

MP-1 Ultimate 80's Tones

(1/4) > >>

2112:
I'm preaching to the choir here, but here's another clip demonstrating what the MP-1 does best; cranked 80's tones. I run over a few common tips and tricks (presence and chorus).

MarshallJMP:
THAT was some really NICE playing, very Gilbert sounding.

rnolan:
Nice  :thumb-up: , as Angry Anderson said in the Alberts Blood and Thunder doco, no one attacks a guitar like an Australian  >:D .

I used to use the rate = 0 depth 100 when I used MP1 (for many years) it works well, adds a very short delay without the modulation (rate). IIRC when we were posting about this a while ago MJMP told us what the delay time was  :dunno: .

When I moved to MP2 I used it as well for a while, but more recently, I stopped as with the MP2 chorus you get a bit of flanging, particularly (more noticeable) when you run stereo into the same cab.  MP1 chorus is a little different and doesn't flange.

The presence tip is a good one, I was doing that too but didn't think about it much, it just sounded good  :metal: .

And I see a Digi 002 in the rack, thus you use protools (it won't work with anything else  :facepalm: )..

What were the patch settings you were using BTW (many will like to know LoL)

2112:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on November 08, 2017, 08:51:25 AM ---THAT was some really NICE playing, very Gilbert sounding.

--- End quote ---

I watched the intense rock VHS a lot growing up (which also factors into the ADA love).

--- Quote from: rnolan on November 09, 2017, 12:37:59 AM ---Nice  :thumb-up: , as Angry Anderson said in the Alberts Blood and Thunder doco, no one attacks a guitar like an Australian  >:D .

I used to use the rate = 0 depth 100 when I used MP1 (for many years) it works well, adds a very short delay without the modulation (rate). IIRC when we were posting about this a while ago MJMP told us what the delay time was  :dunno: .

When I moved to MP2 I used it as well for a while, but more recently, I stopped as with the MP2 chorus you get a bit of flanging, particularly (more noticeable) when you run stereo into the same cab.  MP1 chorus is a little different and doesn't flange.

The presence tip is a good one, I was doing that too but didn't think about it much, it just sounded good  :metal: .

And I see a Digi 002 in the rack, thus you use protools (it won't work with anything else  :facepalm: )..

What were the patch settings you were using BTW (many will like to know LoL)

--- End quote ---

I'd love to know the delay time, I use a Fractal AX8 most of the time now and it would be cool to cop that trick in there too.

Settings
OD1 4.6
OD2 7.0
Master 5.5
Bass 2
Middle -4
Treble 4
Presence 8

The Digi is just filling space in the rack at the moment, I'm using an Apollo Twin with Pro Tools 12; IIRC Avid changed from requiring hardware to be synced to using an iLok (slightly more convenient I guess).

rnolan:
It's chorus so it will be around 10 to 30 ish ms, very short, if you dig around you may find the post, you can call up either mine or MJMPs profile and select show posts (but there will be quite a few...) or trawl the MP1 area (unless MJMP remembers and posts it again)  :wave:

Thanks for posting the patch  :whoohoo!:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version