ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 with MosValve  (Read 2984 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
MP1 with MosValve
« on: Time Format »

Hey all, check out the new single my band just released.  Clean guitars were done with the MP1 into the MosValve 1160, leads were through the effects return of a Line 6 Spider Valve (40w 6L6 tubes).  Mics were SM58 on the cleans (Warehouse Guitar Speakers Retro 30 and HM75) and a Superlux PRA628 on a V30 for the lead.  Pickups were Dimarzio Mo'Joe and Humbucker from Hell.  Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/AJ5NuV5FovI
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: MP1 with MosValve
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Sounds killer man!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey all, check out the new single my band just released.  Clean guitars were done with the MP1 into the MosValve 1160, leads were through the effects return of a Line 6 Spider Valve (40w 6L6 tubes).  Mics were SM58 on the cleans (Warehouse Guitar Speakers Retro 30 and HM75) and a Superlux PRA628 on a V30 for the lead.  Pickups were Dimarzio Mo'Joe and Humbucker from Hell.  Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/AJ5NuV5FovI
  Sounds excellent.  I'm disgusted that a line 6 sounded that good on the leads  :lol:

Hey Chip I thought you were more of a  :headbanger: no?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

That's definitely my wheelhouse, but I love the New Wave and Synthpop stuff, too!

I think what makes the Line 6 sound so good is that, by going through the effects return, you're bypassing the digital preamp and just getting the tube power section.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

That's definitely my wheelhouse, but I love the New Wave and Synthpop stuff, too!

I think what makes the Line 6 sound so good is that, by going through the effects return, you're bypassing the digital preamp and just getting the tube power section.

It's defo in that area, much better than the shit they call "pop" music today.  But then what do I know  :lol:

Good effort.  So you're bypassing with Line 6 preamp?  So it's not really the Line6 then, what is the preamp?  Your MP1?  I read that as the leads where done by the Line6 as in generated solely by it.  So it's one of those Line6 Amp heads then and not a floor unit or pod?

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Yeah, that's right.  The preamp is all MP1, just the power amp(s) and cabs which were different.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:

Cabinet:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

lol that's why it sounds good then!

Pages: [1]   Go Up