ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Midi controller for MP-1

(1/6) > >>

VoxG2:
   Does a MIDI controller for the MP-1 exist that doesn't require an external power source? Thanks.

Dante:
ADA Midi controllers run on phantom power from a 7-pin midi cable. The extra two pins carry the power. They are not the only brands, there are more. Keep an eye out for one that does that & you're good to go.

Keep in mind, you do have to have a power supply in your rack to run the power to the midi cable (notice the jack on your MP-1 next to the midi cable?)

VoxG2:
Ahhhhh yes I see! Thank you.

rnolan:
At the cheaper end of town, the Behringer pedal can be modified to be "phantom" powered the same way as the ADA controllers, you'll still need a wall wart in your rack for it but you can do away with the jug lead (IEC power cable) they use as standard.

Iperfungus:
I just bought the Behringer FCB1010 with installed UNO V1.03 chip (advanced features for TC GMaj) to control both the GMaj and MP-1.

It' solid, complete and not expensive (mine has some scratches and I paid 50 euros for it...).

I've just finished setting MIDI parameters for MP-1 and GMaj and next step will be connect the FCB and try.
I'll connect to GMaj MIDI IN and let MIDI OUT go to MP-1's MIDI IN, since as far as I can see MP-1 do not transmit MIDI CCs (MIDI program changes work in both directions instead).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version