Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

MP-1 got Noisy...

<< < (2/7) > >>

rabidgerry:
It could be.  I must try the rear jack and see if it's the same.

Mind you I think when I first discovered this issue I tried that.  Lets see when I get home.

rabidgerry:
Ok as relates to something I mentioned in the thread about getting the Overkill guitar sound, my MP1 got an issue.

Sounds ground/earth noise issue.  Last thing I did was noise mod.  There are some electrolytic caps I needed to replace to finish the job but my understanding of things was that it should stuff have been ok without doing these, indeed the worked ok (If I remember correctly) for a while after the mod.

Gonna post a clip to let yaaaaaaaaaaall hear it.  :'(

rabidgerry:
Rockmaster 00:00 - 00.57  Have played a riff with sudden start and stops hearing the level of noise in between and after playing.  Also towards the end I have little bit where I hit string gently and let them fade out so you can hear what level of noise I am getting with the noise reduction working from my FX unit.

Reason the noise reduction is on as this is the usual set and forgotten setting I use and never ever need to change.

MP1 00:58 -   02:25 is me playing similar riff to before but note the noise between.  Can I just say it's way worse when playing than it has turned out recording.

Ok included are little segments before the actual riff to let you hear the noise.  This isn't normal for me, it's usually dead quiet like the rockmaster.  After the riff playing I do a little bit where I allow strings to ring out and also after this some hands on, hands off strings to let you hear the difference in noise.  Again this is not normal.  With that noise reduction on it should be quiet just like the rockmaster.

02:25 til the end is the tube clean channel, should I be getting this much gain from the clean channel?  Please note the noise present like before despite much much less gain.  This is pretty much me playing about with the volumes and od1 and od2 controls and nothing on the EQ.

see attached

MarshallJMP:
How is this setup?

rabidgerry:
four cable method man.  Same as always.  It never made that noise before.

Will try my 3tm as well and see if it's the same in the same setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version