Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

MP-1 got Noisy...

(1/7) > >>

rabidgerry:
Well so much for the clips, my MP1 has a problem  :dunno:

Making some strange "earth fault"  style noise.

MarshallJMP:
That's why we are here to solve problems  ;D

Send me an email with some details.

rnolan:
Hey RG, knowing you, you've checked all the usual culprits (leads, isolated the MP-1 to be sure etc) but just checking/asking.

rabidgerry:
oh yeah RN, I know it's just the MP1 as my other preamps are fine.

Strange, it's like an earth fault sound trying to compete with the proper sound.  I actually forgot I had this issue a while ago but I got distracted and since I haven't played my MP1 in a while I forgot it was still happening.  I recently had the idea to allow me to switch preamps using a footswitch in my home studio setup which is why I got back on the MP1 and it was then I noticed.

I'll make a clip MJMP when I get home and let you hear it.  Bear in mind I last did the MDRT and noise mod to the MP1.  I never quiet finished the noise mod as I still have some electrolytic caps to replace on the tube board.

rnolan:
Hey RG, yeah I figured, your pretty thorough  :thumb-up: . My smell (for what it's worth) is it's input jack(s) related (hey don't ask me why.... :dunno: it's a feeling I guess).  Unless there are dependencies on the tube board because of the noise mod you've almost finished (and I doubt it  :dunno: ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version