ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Las Vegas Nevada  (Read 14649 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hello from Las Vegas Nevada
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

@DJC, I also really like your version of hey Joe, you made it  more exciting and I really love the solo !!!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Thanks so much guys for all the kind words, really does mean a lot to me. And Hey Joe is a huge song and so much fun to play to!
And rnolan your version had some spice for sure Brother! Wicked cool version of that!  :headbanger:

I'll share a story with you all since we are talking about Hey Joe so much;
 I had a hell of a time getting a release for that song; even though Tim Rose wrote the song, the Jimi Hendrix family foundation has all the rights and publishing and I could NOT get a release to put that on my last years album! So I turned it into an instrumental and changed the arrangement, then made the video ( for free, I make no money ) as an homage to Jimi Hendrix.
 Then I was finally given a release to put that on my last CD.
 Yeah the business side of music takes all the fun out of it!  >:(
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, hey nice guitars, do you make them ?

Yes by the way, so I forgot to reply to this rnolan. I've had endorsements with a few guitar companies and it was always a nightmare! But I have repaired and built instruments for 25 years and after having to sue a company for making a DJC sig model after I left their company, I started DeJayce Guitars. I have made things all by hand in the past, but for the consistency I prefer CNC.  So learned Solid Works and made my own DXF files for CAD and have a company rough out my necks and bodies, then take about 2 months and do all the finish sanding, additional routing and finished myself. DeJayce is very much an homage to the early Charvel Dinky, but with many things changed to suite me as a player and very personalized. Even though I have built and sold just about 30 they are not for everyone.
 I make them with a 20" radius and then do what I call a "Flat Crown" on the frets so the is no longer a radius - thus me guaranteeing a 1mm action! I have found very few players enjoy or can play an action that low.
 So this coming year I'm really focusing on getting myself out there with my new band as a player and have put DeJayce on the back burner. Very hard to make a living at this so I'm working a regular job now! Ahhh the joy of every week getting that pay check to take care of my wife and boys!!!!!!   :homer:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Amazing, a 20" radius, that's flat.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Dan,

I agree with MJMP, that is pretty flat, probably too much so for me. I have three guitars with a 15" radius, and even that feels alien in my hands. I do like my action as low as I can get it, but for my personal taste, a 12" radius feels the best.

You're absolutely correct about the business side of the industry, it does take the fun out of music. Back in the 80's I made it as far as a session/supporting guitarist, but I didn't like the scene and got out of it. With the internet available to us, we don't need the industry anymore. We can do whatever we want, and promote ourselves as much as we want right from our homes.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, very cool  :thumb-up: .  Wow 20" is very flat, like a classical.

When I was younger I eeked out a living playing, building/repairing and audio engineering. A hard life financially but very enjoyable and I was doing what I loved.  I had to get a day gig when I decided to have a kid. Even after 20+ years now I still struggle to get up in the morning for a 9-5 job  :facepalm: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Yeah DeJayce Guitars is the most selfish thing I've ever done but I wanted a "Nice" guitar that I didn't have to bastardize and kill the resell in order to get exactly what I wanted as a player. I'm a huge fan of flame maple and exotic tops so I'm very happy with everything I have made.
 So when I started making my own personal guitars students of mine as well as friends would come over see and play my guitars and really sweat me to make guitars for them. But all but one guy have all guy just are not able to used to all the "custom" stuff I have done and none of them play the DeJayces anymore. So I just do it for myself and will continue build my own collection.

And Harley so many players agree with you about the 12" radius and dig the 12-14 Jackson style so my flat fingerboards freak guys out! LOL!  But there are home to me now.  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I totally understand, it's all about what feels right in your hand.

Myself, I am primarily a Strat player, so the 7" radius is not such a big deal to me, but I find it to be a nice middle ground with a 12" radius neck. I can get my action lower, and my speed improves a bit, and most importantly, I don't lose the clarity between notes. I think that is what makes the difference to me in what I hear. Even with extremely saturated overdrive and distortion, I still get a clarity of tone from my Strats that cut through, that I just don't get with a humbucker. The extra noise and hum I get from single coils is an issue I've dealt with for decades.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Yeah it really is amazing how we all arrive at our dream tones and instruments to become who we are as musicians.
Funny looking back in the day that beat up hybrid Charvel/Lynn Ellsworth Boogie Body guitar Eddie Van Halen played! But that worked for him and he made brilliant sounds with it and revolutionized guitar playing.
 But I am envious of you Harley for being able to find your magic on a strat. My life would have been much easier finding home on either or a Les Paul. There is a magic to being able to play a strat for sure!  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

When I start getting distracted by all the shizzle with the newer guitars, and catch myself thinking that I need to upgrade to this and that, I just have to remind myself that Jimi Hendrix didn't have all that stuff available in his day, and look what he did! I've had a lot of high performance guitars, but yet, I always seem to come back to the Strat.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

When I start getting distracted by all the shizzle with the newer guitars, and catch myself thinking that I need to upgrade to this and that, I just have to remind myself that Jimi Hendrix didn't have all that stuff available in his day, and look what he did! I've had a lot of high performance guitars, but yet, I always seem to come back to the Strat.

And yes what a sexy looking guitar the strat is - just beautiful and can create so many tones. You figure so many hot cats did their thing on the strat, Hendrix, Clapton, Trower SRV on and on, that sound is magic!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

And yes what a sexy looking guitar the strat is - just beautiful and can create so many tones. You figure so many hot cats did their thing on the strat, Hendrix, Clapton, Trower SRV on and on, that sound is magic!
   Yes it is, but the guitar is only half the equation, the other half is the fingers and the heart behind them :thumb-up:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Yes it is, but the guitar is only half the equation, the other half is the fingers and the heart behind them :thumb-up:
Amen Brother!  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Wow!!!

You've some real MOJO, man!

And also very good skills on guitar.
Love your instrumental version of Hey Joe.

The overdriven sound is from a MP-1?  :banana:
On the run again!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Hey DannyJoe, Welcome!! How have I not seen this post? I have to go explore your music, after reading these rave reviews. I must tell you, it's hard to get a compliment out of Harley - Just Kidding Harley! just stirrin' it up  :lol:

Anyway, DJC...Welcome to the asylum,  :wave:  somebody should have the cookies around here somewhere (don't eat the brown ones). Can't wait to see how your rack rig comes out. I went the tap dancing ways of the amp head and myriad of pedals for a while...then went back to my multi-fx roots, but the rack was always sitting in the studio. So....after trying just about every other setup, the midi setup seems simplest. Just old, dusty, sometimes quirky...but usually fixable, thanks to the guys & gals in here.  :bow:

I'm interested to see some of your guitars too - I like playing a classical acoustic...that flat neck might be cool on an electric.

EDIT: Just watched a few vids  :bow: 
Hummingbird picking? Whow. As for covers, I liked Amazing Grace very much. I dig the way you bend with the whammy, I bend (probably too much) with my fingers so much I can't always identify the notes. haha. I'm lazy that way. Great stuff man, can't wait to hear some more stories (like that Hey Joe story)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up