ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Las Vegas Nevada  (Read 14631 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Re: Hello from Las Vegas Nevada
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Hey DannyJoe, Welcome!! How have I not seen this post? I have to go explore your music, after reading these rave reviews. I must tell you, it's hard to get a compliment out of Harley - Just Kidding Harley! just stirrin' it up  :lol:

Anyway, DJC...Welcome to the asylum,  :wave:  somebody should have the cookies around here somewhere (don't eat the brown ones). Can't wait to see how your rack rig comes out. I went the tap dancing ways of the amp head and myriad of pedals for a while...then went back to my multi-fx roots, but the rack was always sitting in the studio. So....after trying just about every other setup, the midi setup seems simplest. Just old, dusty, sometimes quirky...but usually fixable, thanks to the guys & gals in here.  :bow:

I'm interested to see some of your guitars too - I like playing a classical acoustic...that flat neck might be cool on an electric.

EDIT: Just watched a few vids  :bow: 
Hummingbird picking? Whow. As for covers, I liked Amazing Grace very much. I dig the way you bend with the whammy, I bend (probably too much) with my fingers so much I can't always identify the notes. haha. I'm lazy that way. Great stuff man, can't wait to hear some more stories (like that Hey Joe story)

Wow!!!

You've some real MOJO, man!

And also very good skills on guitar.
Love your instrumental version of Hey Joe.

The overdriven sound is from a MP-1?  :banana:

Well Folks I am moved, seriously by such a warm welcome and such support. I will tell you many years ago I use to post on different forums and it was always so short lived because I was attacked merely for what I enjoy doing. Drop my name in a few guitar forums and ask - many will say "Yeah DJC posted here but guys drove him away". Guys for years simply did not or would not accept my style or pretty much my entire approach to playing. I have always said there are no Guitar Police so just play and stop trying to call it this or that or say "Your holding your pick wrong" or "you're only using your thumb and index finger - that's wrong!"
  Things though have seemed to have changed these days and it's refreshing to hear kind words and support for what I love to do. So I am very grateful for the kindness you all have shown me on this great forum!

Now to answer a question or two  - Iperfungus Howdy Man! No I do not have a single MP-1 sound clip posted anywhere - YET!!!! The vids I have are with different heads/amps, none of them I'm really happy with tone wise and I've gotten rid of them.

And Dante thank you for the kind words my friend! Another thing I love to do is make the trem sound like a slide guitar or lap steel! Those are my southern roots that always come out  ;D Man I love the delta blues and enjoy mixing that up with everything else  ;D
 And I have days worth of stories! Playing the guitar has been a trippy thing for me my whole life and I have run into the craziest situations just trying to do what I enjoy. So as things come up I'll share more Brother!  ;D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

And Dante thank you for the kind words my friend! Another thing I love to do is make the trem sound like a slide guitar or lap steel! Those are my southern roots that always come out  ;D Man I love the delta blues and enjoy mixing that up with everything else  ;D
 And I have days worth of stories! Playing the guitar has been a trippy thing for me my whole life and I have run into the craziest situations just trying to do what I enjoy. So as things come up I'll share more Brother!  ;D

Oh, I totally got that Lap Steel vibe from your bends. I use my fingers to do that stuff, it's tough to make it sound right. Bending one string while keeping another straight, then reversing them...etc. Great job!

FWIW: I don't care how you hold your goddamn pick - hell, I don't care if you pick with your feet, so long as you get the feel out of it. No wrong ways here...all subject to artist interpretation.  :thumb-up:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Oh, I totally got that Lap Steel vibe from your bends. I use my fingers to do that stuff, it's tough to make it sound right. Bending one string while keeping another straight, then reversing them...etc. Great job!

FWIW: I don't care how you hold your goddamn pick - hell, I don't care if you pick with your feet, so long as you get the feel out of it. No wrong ways here...all subject to artist interpretation.  :thumb-up:

Yes I agree Dante it's all about feel for sure. What I do is mix the trem with the finger vibrato and can make a Les Paul sound like I'm playing slide too. Ted Nugent used to do that on songs like Great white Buffalo. Having a good finger vibrato is so important because it really is a players signature. How many times do we all hear one note from a player and know who it is. I think if you're passionate about playing the instrument people will know it and feel it from you!  :D
 We need to have an ADA Depot Convention with a live jam!!!! Man that would be amazing to pull something like that off for this forum!!  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Since I was offline when you made the comment Dante...You're always stirring the pot! :lol:

and my pick is bullet-proof!

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up