Miscellaneous > MP2

Ov Moros - EP

(1/3) > >>

Kim:
Here's a link that will take you to Reverbnation where our 4 song EP has been uploaded:

https://www.reverbnation.com/q/6rvrbj

MarshallJMP:
Wauw Kim, this is great ,love it  :thumb-up:

Good songs and the recording is also very good. Did you do this yourself or did you guys went to a studio?

BTW what does  Ov Moros mean?

Kim:
Thanks!

We did this ourselves.  Our "studio" is our homes, respectively; guitars done at my house, bass and vox done at Stanski (Stan) house, drums done at Craig's place.   Mixes mostly done at my house, final mixes done at Stan's, and where he sends them for mastering I'm not sure. 

All the main guitar stuff is Quad Tube, done in four tracks (that's two mics, and double tracked). 
SM57 close (pan Left) and room condenser mic (pan Right).
Then tracked again with SM57 close (pan Right) and room condenser mic (Pan Left)
The amp's EQ was set fairly flat.  My "normal" EQ setting shook and rattled the entire room, so.....

The Clean and heavy fx guitars (the whooshing, swirly stuff) was MP-2 Recording Outs with Xpression fx unit in loop.  I couldn't get the fx the way I wanted them in Post production so I opted to just use exactly what I use for the fx when playing live.

We're also about to wrap up the LP soon, and those songs should sound even better!

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on November 08, 2016, 05:20:30 AM ---BTW what does  Ov Moros mean?

--- End quote ---
Wikipedia: In Greek mythology, Moros is the being of impending doom, who drives mortals to their deadly fate.  So we are "Of Moros" and just changed the spelling of "Of" to "Ov" to make it a little more authentic.  ;) 

Samuraipanda:
Great stuff Kim!!!

I'm a Candlemass and Trouble fan so I'm digging these tunes. I really dig Sniper. Great bass line.

MarshallJMP:
Ha me too!! love Candlemass and Trouble. My favorite is Creeper.

I must say sound wise you guys did a real good job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version