ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hafler T2 - Anyone heard of this or had any experience??  (Read 24998 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official

If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading this preamp was used by Marc Diglio from XYZ on the first record?  I think he switched to an MP1 for the second album, which was much heavier.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading this preamp was used by Marc Diglio from XYZ on the first record?  I think he switched to an MP1 for the second album, which was much heavier.

Chip, I would be so grateful if you could get that verified for me, I had a search myself but couldn't find Marc Diglio and Hafler T2 mentioned anywhere else in the same vein.  But it would be cool to know.

As for heaviness, the Hafler has shit loads of gain.  I like the tone, but just not this super "pumpy" compressed feel like when you turn the gain up too much and then hit the strings quite firmly and the sound pumps like a compressor with it's threshold set too low.  I get the same thing on the SS clean on the ADA MP1 I have to dial back the compressor (OD2) right back to about 2 to get it to work for me otherwise I end up with super pumpiness unless I play super light which is not my style.

I shall mod the Hafler and see what happens after that.  Still waiting on the OPA4134PA arriving.

I think the Hafler would be worth keeping if I could get rid of that.  Also works well with a boost and has a stereo FX loop.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official

Apologies.  I was mistaken.  Marc Diglio used a Morin preamp, which is even more rare.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up