Non ADA Gear > Effects

Switchless Wahs

(1/5) > >>

Kim:
I'm familiar with the switchless type wah, and actually greatly prefer it.  However, I'd like a chance to try the 95q myself because sometimes the Morley wah I have just doesn't feel like it should in terms of sound.

Kick ass vid, SamuraiP!

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Kim,

You must have the same one I do, the first model. The second version of the Bad Horsie has a knob on it to adjust the filter.
   I might like to try the Dunlop out just because I never really liked the footprint of Morley wah pedals.
   By the way, the Morley uses an optical switch to detect motion as opposed to a pressure switch. I'm on my 2nd one, since no one around here would work on those. That poses a question in my mind about the Dunlop pedal. The most frequent problem I have with Dunlop and Vox pedals is the foot pad will eventually start to peel up. Since that's where the pressure switch is, I wonder if that will cause a problem with the pedal?

Harley 8)

Kim:
Harley, I have the Mark Tremonti wah.   No external adjustment for filter or Q. 
If I knew my local Guitar Center had a 95Q to try out, I'd actually go in there for something useful....   ::)

Samuraipanda:
I have both the 95Q and the Bad Horsie II. The Dunlop has a very brief lag when you take your foot off. There's supposed to be a hack for it but I've never called Dunlop to learn it. The Bad Horsie sounds a bit thinner to me even with the filter turned all the way down, but it is a more aggressive wah and when pinned all the way forward has a great sweet spot for pinch harmonics, etc.

If you listen to the ADA Minor Blues Jam you can hear a good example of the Bad Horsie in the 2nd half of my solo.

Kim:
I wonder if that Dunlop has an adjustable trumpet ("trumpet"?  Really?  Stupid autocorrect on my phone. I got your adjustable trumpet right here. >:(  That's trimpot...) inside for the "foot off delay" like the Morley does?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version