ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: That's It, I'm Done.  (Read 13201 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: That's It, I'm Done.
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

That's OK Gerry,

You make a good point about it being boring because of Youtube, and how it's widely available. I agree it IS boring to watch a young guitar player go through Beethoven, Bach and Mozart, and who ever else they are copying in a solo situation like the videos above. Bear in mind though, we might soon see a few bands on Youtube, doing these compositions with a modern twist to it, just because doing it solo IS boring!(Why do you think that girl never cracked a smile?) If that happens, then those kids doing that, are one step closer to coming up with something of their own in that genre. I'm not saying it will happen, but it seems like a logical step.
   The bottom line is that I like it that there are still kids out there who are actually interested in learning to play instead if cutting and pasting loops together and calling it music. ;)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MikeB

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Just watching a short video clip can't tell you what is going on behind the scenes. One thought I had was the scenario of a kid being forced to take guitar lessons in the same way as kids are forced to take piano lessons (just more modern parents). Some of them get really good while still wishing they could go out and play pokemon go with their friends down at the mall. The kid reaches the rebellious age and gives it up never to play again. Fast forward 20 years... At a dinner party, the host has an electric guitar and amp in the corner. People start to talk about it and our grown up kid says "my parents made me take electric guitar for 15 your years". A bit of prodding and encouragement... I don't know.... I haven't played in years..... I'm a bit rusty.... Gets up and plays eruption.
I don't feel tardy!

vansinn

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I really don't think any of these whizz kids in those videos got forced into electric guitar lessons.
If anything, maybe piano and/or classic guitar - then, after a long period of this, they picked up the electric in rebellion!
Mozart, the [über talented] play-child, would've picked up any fancy electronics too, had he lived today..  ;)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

That's OK Gerry,

You make a good point about it being boring because of Youtube, and how it's widely available. I agree it IS boring to watch a young guitar player go through Beethoven, Bach and Mozart, and who ever else they are copying in a solo situation like the videos above. Bear in mind though, we might soon see a few bands on Youtube, doing these compositions with a modern twist to it, just because doing it solo IS boring!(Why do you think that girl never cracked a smile?) If that happens, then those kids doing that, are one step closer to coming up with something of their own in that genre. I'm not saying it will happen, but it seems like a logical step.
   The bottom line is that I like it that there are still kids out there who are actually interested in learning to play instead if cutting and pasting loops together and calling it music. ;)

Well yes it would be great for the next piece of great music was written by one of these whizz kids.

I suppose it is good kids are still doing that man.

Just watching a short video clip can't tell you what is going on behind the scenes. One thought I had was the scenario of a kid being forced to take guitar lessons in the same way as kids are forced to take piano lessons (just more modern parents). Some of them get really good while still wishing they could go out and play pokemon go with their friends down at the mall. The kid reaches the rebellious age and gives it up never to play again. Fast forward 20 years... At a dinner party, the host has an electric guitar and amp in the corner. People start to talk about it and our grown up kid says "my parents made me take electric guitar for 15 your years". A bit of prodding and encouragement... I don't know.... I haven't played in years..... I'm a bit rusty.... Gets up and plays eruption.

I know for a fact this happens.  You have the younger generations of parents who grew up in the 80's probably my own generation in fact, or 90's and it's cool to still wear their jack dainelks tshirt and show all the other mum and dads they're still "rock" and they are the kind who will send their kids to guitar lessons to learn Nirvana (that's a dirty word to me) and who nows what other garbage.  Well we haven't got to the point yet as these kids are still too young but I dare say when they're in the early 20's they'll be saying:

"yeah my mum and dad were rockers........................god I hate that music...................they forced me to take guitar lessons..........................I hated it, I just went as they promised me a playstation"

100%  that is happening

Which is why any of these rock parents who take their little toddler kids 2-4 years old to festivals to suffer ear damage at the hands of rock bands are better off letting their kids decide when they are old enough to do so, what they like themselves.

When I played the Bloodstock open air a few weeks back there were a tonne of crying babies, kept up to late hours, and having to deal with loud music and sound from all angles for long periods of time.  Now I'm no parent but I sure as hell would not force my kid into that situation just because I wanted to go say bands at a festival.  Sometimes having a kid means sacrifices.

Hopefully don't get back lashing for my comments here  :D
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,

I agree with you, that probably does happen. and kids do hate being forced to take lessons for something they didn't think of themselves. I also agree that it isn't a good idea to take toddlers to rock festivals, because usually, it's not very well thought out when parents do this. History repeats itself. Case in point; Woodstock 1969. There were a lot of babies there too. After which, came the Disco era of music, and shortly after that started, came the Punk Generation. So you had the Disco crowd on one side, and the Punks on the other, and while that was going on, the underground movement that was cultivating from both of those was what would become known as New Wave. While those two genres of music were popular in the 70's, the Hard Rockers were still in the background, grinding out mediocre melodies, while the babies who were at Woodstock were finishing school, and becoming what we called "Yuppies." Many of these were attending Bereklee School of Music, and The Los Angeles City College of Music, which would become the Guitar Institute of Technology, (G.I.T.), and later Musician's Institute of Technology, (M.I.T.), now located in Hollyweird.
    I don't have to tell you what came out of that group of graduates, because everyone knows what went on in the 80's.  I do believe things progress in cycles, as history has shown us, and if you compare that period with what's going on today, I can't help but notice a strong similarity with the popularity of guitar-based music. It's not in the main stream now, but who knows what will happen in a few years?

Harley 8)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Spot on Harley

I'm sure I'm sounding like a ranting son of a bitch but honestly kids at rock festivals, as much as I see the cool novel side of making your own little mini rocker, I say no to the idea.  I saw first hand kids being wheeled about really late for their ages, tired, upset, wearing god dam huge ear protectors that their trying to pull of their head as they don't like them on, surrounded by cigerette smoke and beer and dope.  It didn't look like a good idea to me.  May be I'm being old fashioned or something but if I had kids I wouldn't drag mythem to a festival of something they don't undertsand or into an enviroment not really suited to their needs.

Anyways back to the video, yeah so she can play, :lol: perhaps needs lesson on smiling  ;D if she manages that she could become the complete person

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I completely agree with you on all points stated above! Let the kids migrate towards music at their own pace, because it's something they want to do!

As for the girl in the video, I guess we'll see if she ever does anything with her gift in the future :dunno:

Harley 8)

MikeB

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Now compare with this:
https://youtu.be/ijNLCphRUEk
I don't feel tardy!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

That was funny as hell :lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Actually, that was GREAT!!  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

That was outstanding actually.  Poor guy though I bet he doesn't really make that much cash.  Yet so creative.  I'd really love to try out his tennis racket.  It looked as though the frets were actually just cable ties pulled very tightly around the handle.  Excellent!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Actually, that was GREAT!!  :thumb-up:
+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up