ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: storing presets ! PLEASE HELP !  (Read 4366 times)

likkquid

storing presets ! PLEASE HELP !
« on: Time Format »

so , my ADA MP1 lost all the original and my custom presets...by using the user manual , i figured out how to reprogram the presets ... but they only last till i turn the unit off , then they are wiped out again when i turn it back on !!   someone please help !! 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: storing presets ! PLEASE HELP !
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi Likkquid,

Sounds like your battery is dead. There's a thread about it in here somewhere, let me poke around later to see if I can find it

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi Likkquid.  This sounds very much like the battery is dead, which retains the memory when the power is off.  A few of us have had this issue in the last year.  You will need to open her up and put in a new one.  The stock batteries are soldered in.  Aparently, you can buy them with the circuit board legs attached from an electronics store.  Or go for the battery holder mod so that in 2040 you can more easily change out the battery. I went with the battery holder because the work involved is the same anyway.   You can get them from marshalljmp's mod shop, but probably also from electronics stores.
Mike
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

As mike says you can do the battery mod (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm) scroll down a bit you'll find it.

When I went looking for a battery holder for my MP2 (MP1 mounts flat to the PCB, MP2 is vertical), I found there are lots of batteries with the wires already attached ready to solder in (common for PC mother boards etc) and this is the cheapest option.  As Mike says, they seem to last about 25 + years so soldering in one of these makes sense (to me anyway LoL).
So your issue is definitely battery is flat (like the guys have said). The battery powers the ram chip where the patches are stored.  The factory presets are programmed in the EPROM (what version is your MP1, it will say at start up in the display) then you load them into ram with the factory restore.  When you power down, the battery takes over keeping the ram powered.
IIRC MJMP said the battery needs to still have <2.7 volts of charge left to work.
So the battery you want is a CR2032 3v with legs attached.  You can get them from electronics stores (or probably computer store (where they build PCs etc)).  How are you with a soldering Iron BTW ??
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

likkquid

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks for all the help guys !!  sounds like i might take it to a shop . who knows what will happen if i open her up ! 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

It's an easy job for a tech, just ask them to replace the battery with a CR2032 and bobs your uncle  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

A CR2032 and a battery clip so you can change it yourself next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up