ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopping snare rattle and other stupid drum noises  (Read 12152 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Wauw never saw this before

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Ok well if I am honest neither have I.  But I read the fix about it a few years back not knowing exactly what was inside.

The guy we had up helping eliminate noises and with tuning told me the spring was inside.  I was surprised as I never knew this, I guess I didn't know what was inside lugs so there you go!  I think this guy is very into and hands on with his drums so he knew it was inside, he seems to like dismantling and reassembling drums  :lol:.  He had a hard time tracing the noise.  Our drummer kept saying it's coming from here there and everywhere, where as I was definitive that it was the 2nd rack tom, and the drum guy agreed.  The noise isn't really going to affect recording but I think it's well worth dampening this rattle when we get the chance.

edit:  Here is a whole thread about that very issue

http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/topic/46827-noisy-lug-springs-a-fix-that-wont-dampen-the-shell/
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up