ADA Power Amps > B200s

B200s - Why is this the Warmest SS Amp?

(1/5) > >>

idouglascs:
Hi,

I bought an ADA B200s amp that will arrive in two weeks.

I have read all the topics that talks about this amp and I see only good opinions about it.

What I didn't find is why is this the Warmest SS Amp. What people says is that it is very transparent, and I'm afraid this transparency translates into a sterile and cold sound.

I could not find videos or sound demos, nor any post talking about punch, clarity or smoothness.

I am already looking for an ADA MP1.

Thank you All

My actual gear:

Preamp with Effects
Digitech GSP1101
Digitech Valve FX

Effects Only
Alesis Quadraverb Plus

Preamp Only
Marshall JMP-1

Power Amp
Hi-Fi Power Amp, AB Class
Waiting my B200s arrive

Speakers
Digitech GSP1101 Speaker Impulse Response thru 2x12 100w 8ohms Hi-Fi Speaker with Tweeters. (great combination, gives me a lot of speaker models)

Kim:
When I had the b200s I found that it will give you everything that you put into it.  A cold sterile sound at the Input results in a cold sterile Output while a good sound going in results in a good sound coming out. 

idouglascs:
Thanks Kim!

What about punch and harmonics?

At volume does it attenuates some high-end, mantains a tight bass reproduction?

Kim:
As I recall, it didnt roll off anything and stayed tight all the way up.  Maybe "warmest" was meant that it feels warm to the touch after use ?  Lol

idouglascs:

--- Quote from: Kim on February 10, 2016, 12:42:40 PM ---As I recall, it didnt roll off anything and stayed tight all the way up.  Maybe "warmest" was meant that it feels warm to the touch after use ?  Lol

--- End quote ---

Kkkkk

It's a good explanation.

When I get my amp I will post my first impressions.

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version