• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Rockman XL100

Started by rnolan, May 10, 2015, 06:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Hexxe

Yeah Richard,

That was another thing I noticed about those Rockman Walkmans as I used to call them. They were cool to listen to yourself with, but I had a hum issue happening when I tried to go direct into a recording desk with one of those. And they did eat AA batteries like candy.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

Ahh yes the hum, pain in the proverbial, thank god for the MP-1  :whoohoo!: Changed my world  :thumb-up: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Ahh, okay. I thought maybe I bought a bum unit back in the day.

rnolan

No they all seemed to suffer LoL

MarshallJMP

Hey R, really liked the babylon 48k sound, it has that typical boston sound to it.

rabidgerry

hum issue?

hahahaha

this is why for the pro they invented the rock modules  :thumb-up:

My sustainor aint got no hum.  Heard a few people stuck an x100 in front of a jcm800, like George Lynch for example.  Love to know how he got that to work.

As for my Sustainor, I might be sending that to MJMP for some pen heart surgery very soon  ;) just for a little examination and refurb

I want to use the Sustainor, I don't want it as an ornament.  I also have the amazing Stereo Chorus :) and the best EQ ever rockman instrument EQ.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

Thanks MJMP, amazing what you can do with a Tascam 688, Korg M1, Alesis drum machine and a X100. Oh and an Atari running Creator or Notator for sequencing.  My how the world has changed since then LoL.

Hey RG, there are kind of 2 choices for X100 up front of a guitar amp(s).  Use the headphone 3.5mm jack into 2 1/4" jacks and use a couple of resistors in each tail to bring it from line level to inst level, which is how I used mine prior to MP-1.  Or you can use the 1/4" TRS aux input as a low level out.  But the switches on the X100 are not stage friendly for changing sounds.  A mate of mine modified his X100 and made a foot switch for it (from an elevator control panel, nice big buttons LoL).  He ran it into a mosfet power amp and used an old fridge for a cab. He mounted 6 x 12" speakers in the door.  Sounded great but was a serious pain to lug.  Though I think they only ever did one gig (supporting my band and it was up 2 flights of stairs  :facepalm: ).

Harley Hexxe

So he really did bring a refridgerator to the gig, now that's desperation!  :lol:

rnolan

Unfortunately it wasn't loaded with beer  :facepalm: LoL. Took 4 of us to hump it up the stairs, it was an old school fridge, very solid, not like the modern (much lighter) ones. He did remove the motor/compressor though.

Harley Hexxe

Good thing it wasn't loaded with beer, your notes would have been slurred :beer:

rnolan

Yes there is that LoL.  I find a couple of double tequila shots gets me going  :thumb-up: