ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

What FX Are You Using

(1/14) > >>

brianiac5150:
…with your MP-1, of course?

For years I used an Alesis Quadraverb with mine, but sold that when I sold my MP-1.

Having recently reacquired an MP-1, I'm interested in building a rig back up around it.  Of course, there are several options, but I'm wondering what people are doing with theirs today?

Rack, pedals or both…throw 'em out here.

Thanks!

kawai2g4b:
Currently I'm using an old ADA Digitizer 4 and a Lexicon MX-200 in loop and an Ibanez UE400 and AD202 in front of my MP-1.  I can do everything but a wah/filter with this setup.  Unfortunately I have not played live in a long time so I couldn't tell you how that goes over.  I just know that it sounds great at home and on the one time that I have recorded with it.

Hamer95USA:
I'm currently using a Zoom G9.2tt effects processor (effects before & after the preamp, MIDI controller) running 4 cable method into the ADA Depot 3TM mod MP-1 preamp. I run the output of the G9.2tt into the effects loop return of a Reverend Goblin 1x10 15 watt combo amp loaded with an Eminence Lil' Buddy hemp cone speaker. Perfect for small venues and the preamp makes it clean, crunchy, or scream.  8)

At home, I'll run the Zoom G9.2tt (effects before preamp only, MIDI controller) >  ADA Depot 3TM mod  MP-1 preamp > Rocktron Intellifex (100% wet/full stereo) > DMC System Mix Plus > Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer > Mackie MR 5 powered monitors.

Guitar George

Dante:
I found a Boss GX-700 on Craigslist (I had no idea what it was until I saw the ad) and it's really cool. It's a backup preamp if my ADA Classic ever craps out during a show. The distortion is not fantastic, but it aint terrible either, and it's very responsive to picking attack, so that's cool.

Of course, I don't use that rig for live shows right now...but let's not try to bring logic into a conversation about art  :o

brianiac5150:
Dante...I see you also have a Quadraverb unit, as well.  Simple and functional.

In looking at many, many options; I keep finding myself hung up on the POD HD series as a controller/FX option that is way overkill in the preamp regard.

That said; as you mention, this could also serve as a backup option.

Hmmm...???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version