Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Shielding a Noisey Bass

(1/9) > >>

rabidgerry:
Shielding my friends Rickenbacker copy Bass guitar,  just sharing this project with you guys.

I'll add to this as I go along, just started it last night.

Not the black carbon paint on there before I put foil on.  This black carbon shite is............well shite!!!  Also a complete faraday cage cannot be made unless the entire back of pick guard is covered in a metallic surface (i.e copper foil or silver will work but copper is better apparently)

The Bridge pickup on this bass is not sheilded by anything.  Hence the GODDAM NOISE!!  There is no cover to completely cover it.  I am going to make a shield.  Watch this space Boyos!

Systematic Chaos:
Nice work!  :thumb-up:
I actually use highly conductive shielding laqueur/Copper Spray (same mil-spec brand like the Contact Cleaner i mentioned in the other thread)....
Easy to apply and does the job....

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on June 26, 2015, 03:06:44 AM ---Nice work!  :thumb-up:
I actually use highly conductive shielding laqueur/Copper Spray (same mil-spec brand like the Contact Cleaner i mentioned in the other thread)....
Easy to apply and does the job....

--- End quote ---

Dam you and you military ways of getting stuff the rest of us cannot get!! lol

I think that paint is mega expensive right?

Is it better than foil do you think?  The black carbon paint is bullshit and wears off.  You use something like this?

http://www.cybershieldinc.com/conductive-shielding-paint/

I have a few appliances with this stuff inside it.

Systematic Chaos:
It´s not the cheapest....but readily available to everybody: http://www.amazon.de/KONTAKT-CHEMIE-EMV-Abschirmlack-5412386775093/dp/B00154KONS

rabidgerry:
so it is.  Actually thinking about this, a spray would be a lot messier and awkward than tape.  Tape you can just take off as much or as little as you want.  If the spray you had came in a tub that would be handy also.

I have used a guitar sheilding paint before, it basically was a clear liquid that had many metal particles ground down and mised within it.  It was really conductive but I think foil tape is the best and cheapest.  No need to mask the guitar off for spraying or any of that nonsense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version